VERY disapointed in NI. :(
    Tech Convert

Default VERY disapointed in NI. :(

Hello everyone. I don't post much but I lurk almost everyday. I just thought I would share my experience with NI.

I purchased an Audio 6 directly from the NI website when they had a special going on in which you get a free upgrade to TP2 with purchase of any audio interface.

Woohoo! So I purchased it and then purchased the S4 upgrade kit for $75 on ebay.

YES!. I now have a NI Audio 6 sound card and TSP2. (that's a trick to save money if anyone wanted to know.)

Well I get my Audio 6 and the left channel [A] doesn't work properly. I did a few trial and error situations (tried different hardware) and came to the conclusion that the [A] side of the audio 6 was defected.

So I contact NI and give them all the info they want (name, address, email and serial numbers). They tell me it will be 3 days before I get a UPS return label emailed to me. OK.

1 week goes by.

I call them and explain what happened and the customer service rep says yes I see that and for some reason your request was not fulfilled. I will take care of that for you. Expect a UPS return label in 3 days max.

1 week goes by.

I call them again (today) and the CSR tells me that their support ticket software crashed and they are now behind. She said it wont be until another week until they can even GET TO my request for the return UPS slip.

HOLY SHIT?!!?

I cant even begin to express how pissed off I am.

That sucks, sorry man.

My friend had a similar situation when he got a defective S4 power supply and it took him six weeks for them just to send a shipping label.

NI isn't all bad and any software support is always quick but thats pretty bad.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 01-13-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Tech Mentor

I called them yesterday about my S4's bad headphone jack ticket that I started a week ago and got essentially the same story. We probably talked to the same people, they sounded stressed out.

OP, send a PM to Karlos Santos to see if we can push this. PM the ticket # too,.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I've heard quite a few horror stories about NI's customer support, I still haven't been able to register my hardware. Good products though.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

yeah their customer support is 2nd to everyone, unfortunately.

Tech Mentor

Dont even get me started with NI and their customer service. I spend over $600 dollars on Scratch pro 2, and it did not work no matter what I did. I said let me call these guys up and see if they can help. I called and all I got was the customer service rep giving me some serious attitude. It ended up not working with my setup, got rid of that crap lost $200 dollars.

Good luck man I hope everything works out for you.

Tech Mentor

Just got my shipping label from UPS via NI, so I can confirm that things are at least sort of functional over there. It just sounds like they've got a huge backlog, just be cool and they should work with you though.