2 controllers for traktor pro

Default 2 controllers for traktor pro

looking for some advising - just read on NI that traktor pro 1.1 "will work in perfect harmony with maschine" can easily be set up to control tpro 1.1. so i'm considering the maschine with vcm-100 as my controllers. i'm wondering if i can use maschine and vcm to control tpro at the same time. my concern is the image of the set up wizard that says "select one of the available devices/options".

so is it possible?
    i should note, it would be generous to call me a midi novice so i don't want to get in over my head and not be able to figure out the set up

thanks in advance for any direction anyone is able to provide
    i'll look at my free demo version and see if i can get some insight into what is involved in the controller set up process

Tech Convert

Unless you are really getting into Production on the fly, I would suggest you not get the maschine as a controller. There is Plenty of controller only choices out there.

i was thinking of getting into production maybe. the maschine appeals to me cuz it comes with a ton of sounds and is very hands on. probly cheaper set ups out there for production but i want something intuitive and hands on.

if your thinking production live is better software then traktor. you need a clear setup for both. one for djing and one for production. Live is also good for performance. (in my opinion chaps).

thanks for the input - i do want traktor to keep djing. just thought i'd mess with production too for fun.
    i've tried live before (#5 le i think - it was a freebie with some other purchase) and was really confused. also, if i got a newer version of live, wouldn't i have to fork our extra $ for samples, drums, loops, etc.?

ok going off topic - just want anyones advice for a newbie on Maschine. and i guess there's obviously some way i'd be able to set up both (vcm + maschine) at once to control tpro

I also think that live is better.. I use also traktor pro for djing and they work perfectly together. For the production live is the best and for performing I use traktor routed into live using live as a "mixer" (with the apc40 will be the best).

Quote Originally Posted by deco View Post
    looking for some advising - just read on NI that traktor pro 1.1 "will work in perfect harmony with maschine" can easily be set up to control tpro 1.1. so i'm considering the maschine with vcm-100 as my controllers. i'm wondering if i can use maschine and vcm to control tpro at the same time. my concern is the image of the set up wizard that says "select one of the available devices/options".

so is it possible?
    Sure it's possible, all you would have to do is plug both devices into your laptop via usb, and then select midi in from them both in Traktor. The Maschine can be easily switched to midi mode, whereby it performs like any other midi controller. So there should be no problems with that setup.

But if you're just starting out, you might find programming all the midi functions for both controllers a bit daunting and there is a lot of work involved to get a set up that suits you running.
    Maybe buy the vcm-100 to start with as it comes with an in-built soundcard and will get you up and running. From there, you can expand your setup to other controllers or programs if you don't like Traktor.

thanks Jac. i guess i'm getting ahead of myself. like a giddy school girl when i go to a gear shop - just want it all. am a sucker for all the fancy midi gear.

it's simple advice and it makes the most sense. traktor will be new to me so i'll have enuf to learn as is.

i use torq right now and it's ok (i like the fx and am really used to the layout) but the conectiv sound card is not great and you need it connected to get torq running