Numark DJ io soundcard help!
    Tech Mentor

Default Numark DJ io soundcard help!

Hey I have a numark DJ io soundcard and I have my computer monitors hooked up to it via 2 RCA to female socket and everything works fine. Then when I bought the same wires to pig it into my guitar amp I get the cuein through the amp! . All I want is to have my outputs running through my guitar amp and my computer monitors and my cueig through my headphones. I have my output routines in 3,4 then 1,2 . Someone plz help me!
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

Tech Guru

are you running any of this through an external mixer? I'm assuming that your plugging your headphones into the headphone jack on the DI|IO if your not using an external mixer. Also what kind of speakers are you running Line 1 (3,4) out to? Line 2 (1,2) is going to the Guitar Amp, correct?

My first guess would be to play around with the outputs channels to see if that fixes what your trying to do. With a little more info I would be able to give a better answer.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Wizard

Can you post a pic of how things are connected?
    MMM Making Music With Food. Yep! Taste good and sound good too!

Tech Mentor

No I am not running the mixtrack through an external mixer and yes I have my computer monitors on output 1 on the soundcard and my guitar amp on output 2. In traktor settings I have output monitor on 3,4 and output master on 1,2
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Havik View Post
    No I am not running the mixtrack through an external mixer and yes I have my computer monitors on output 1 on the soundcard and my guitar amp on output 2. In traktor settings I have output monitor on 3,4 and output master on 1,2
    You'll need to use a splitter on output 1 to send that output to both your computer speakers and guitar amp. The first actual output on the soundcard is output 1 and 2 in the setup, because there is a separate left and right output. The 2nd actual output is output 3 and 4 in the software, because of the separate left and right outputs.

So what you need to do is plug your headphones into Output 2 of the actual soundcard and have Monitor setup as output 3 and 4 in the software, and output 1 of the actual soundcard needs to be split into 2 with an RCA splitter and go to the computer speakers and amp.

Hope this explains it well.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWard View Post
    You'll need to use a splitter on output 1 to send that output to both your computer speakers and guitar amp. The first actual output on the soundcard is output 1 and 2 in the setup, because there is a separate left and right output. The 2nd actual output is output 3 and 4 in the software, because of the separate left and right outputs.

So what you need to do is plug your headphones into Output 2 of the actual soundcard and have Monitor setup as output 3 and 4 in the software, and output 1 of the actual soundcard needs to be split into 2 with an RCA splitter and go to the computer speakers and amp.

Hope this explains it well.
    So I need a splitter that has 4 RCA females on one side and on the other side it needs two RCA males on the other side ?