Numark Mixtrack pro / Traktor recording issues.
    Tech Student

Default Numark Mixtrack pro / Traktor recording issues.

Hey guys.

I am using a Numark MixtrackPro and the bundled Traktor with it. I have installed it on my MacbookPro and it works great, despite the fact I am using old computer speakers for it. I have one output going from my decks to my amp/speakers.

My question is, how do I record? I have upgraded the bundled Traktor to Traktor 2.0 and have tried recording my mixes but I'm not sure if I'm routing it correctly. What would be the most basic stup for that?

I have tried recording it in Garageband, and that works except for the fact that it uses my Mac's internal mic to record, so it sounds like I'm holding a tape-recorder to the speaker and recording it.

Does anyone have any solution for me?

Tech Wizard

If you are using Traktor Pro 2 then you should be able to record within traktor itself.

Go to Preference and select Mix recorder. Choose internal and then you can redirect the location of the recorded file.

You will then go to the Global setting within preference and make sure that Global Section has a check mark next to it. Close preference. On the Global section you should then see a tape deck icon.

Hope that helps!

Tech Student

Excellent!

I admit I was trying to do it through Traktor, but I wasn't sure about all the routing and what-not, thanks Tarzan, I'll give it a shot!

Im also having trouble recording a mix in traktor using my mixtrack pro, i have set my pref. to internal and have tried a number of other configs also and still get the same error every time "Audio-recording could not be started!" Any help would be GREATLY appreciated