Mapping noob, problems with APC40 Traktor 2 pro mapping
    Tech Convert

Default Mapping noob, problems with APC40 Traktor 2 pro mapping

I've never done any custom controller mapping in Traktor 2 pro before, so I'm guessing I'm missing something simple. I downloaded this mapping for my new APC40 to see if I could get it to talk to Traktor:

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=123

I plug in the APC40, turn it on, go into Traktor, and go into the controller manager, import the .tsi. It brings 6 items into the device list, but sets it to "FX Advanced - Generic MIDI (Akai APC40, Akai APC40)" aaaaannnd, nothing. only the default buttons stay lit up on the APC40, and there seems to be no control going to Traktor. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong, and what I could do to fix it?

The APC40 is weird engaging midi mode. You need to have the mapping imported and configured, then BEFORE you use it, you first close down Traktor, open up Ableton, close Ableton, then open up Traktor again.

Sounds like a pain and it is, and you have to do it every time you want to use the APC40 in Traktor.
    Poizen Jam Music - SoundCloud, Facebook, Myspace, Newgrounds!

Tech Guru

Also you need to make sure to open up Ableton and then close it to put the APC into "Dumb Mode", I think that't what it's called, this mode has totally different values for the MIDI notes it also allows you to use the 1-8 + Master buttons. You cannot map these without doing this.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Convert

Thanks for the replies. If you read the description for the mapping, it actually specifies that it works in regular mode, not dumb mode. But either way, I tried that sequence and it didn't fix it.