Problem with Traktor and Headphones
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Problem with Traktor and Headphones

Hello there--- And sorry for this quick post... I know a hysterical newbie question like this will cause massive facepalms. First of all I'm a complete newbie to mixing, to these forums and everything so I don't really have knowledge about all these audio terms. I've been mixing blind for 2 months now since we didn't own any headphones until now. I got a fucking gig in 12 days and I have no clue how to get my headphones to work with Traktor. I use use a Numark iDJ3 Controller, got the Asio4All stuff downloaded and everything, but now I'm hysterically sitting here wondering what the F to do. Any help as quick as possible would be very very very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit here's screenies of my Audio Setup
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...udiosetup.png/
    And my Output Routing:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...dasdasdsd.png/
    Last edited by MehukkaatBiitit; 01-15-2012 at 05:51 PM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

L Ch1 and R Ch2, and after that Master L Ch3 and R Ch4
    Change your outputs the other way around e.g. master = 1/2, cue = 3/4 in Traktor settings - you just have the cue going to your master output.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Change your outputs the other way around e.g. master = 1/2, cue = 3/4 in Traktor settings - you just have the cue going to your master output.
    So my Output Monitor is L: Ch3 and R: Ch4
    And my Output Master is L:Ch1 and R: Ch2, and now when I press Cue nothing happens. It just keeps coming out of the speakers and still nothing from the headphones, exactly as I wouldn't have any headphones plugged in at all.
    Last edited by MehukkaatBiitit; 01-15-2012 at 02:22 PM.

When you hit cue on deck a for example does the headphone indicator in the software highlight? I mean the little orange button not the big red deck cue button. If not then you need to map that in the controller manager.

Lets see a screenshot of your output routings.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    When you hit cue on deck a for example does the headphone indicator in the software highlight? I mean the little orange button not the big red deck cue button. If not then you need to map that in the controller manager.

Lets see a screenshot of your output routings.
    Yeah it does highlight mate I think my mappings should be ok. Here's a screenie of the preferences
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...dasdasdsd.png/
    Last edited by MehukkaatBiitit; 01-15-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Bump ( Sorry for the bump but I really need some help with this as quick as possible )
    Last edited by MehukkaatBiitit; 01-15-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Show us your Audio Setup tab as well...
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Show us your Audio Setup tab as well...
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...udiosetup.png/
    There you go

Even from that tiny pic i can see you are using the asio4all drivers instead of your idj3 ones, which you should be using.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Even from that tiny pic i can see you are using the asio4all drivers instead of your idj3 ones, which you should be using.
    Allright I'm now using the iDJ3 drivers, but the problem persists..

Edit: Should the selected Audio Device be iDJ3 as well then? If I select the iDJ3 as the audio device then my plugged in headphones suddently work, but there's no sound coming out of the speakers, and when I unplug the headphones there's still no sound coming out of the speakers.
    (Here's a screenie of the Output preferences when I'm selecting iDJ3)
    http://imageshack.us/f/827/outputbk.png/
    Last edited by MehukkaatBiitit; 01-15-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast