MP3 "gain" Adjustment
    Tech Wizard

Default MP3 "gain" Adjustment

hey guys ive heard there are some programs out there that can help with adjusting the levels of your mp3's. Im sure im not the only one with this problem, ill be mixing from one track to the other and the volumes are totally off.

I can usually control this by EQing and adjusting the gain while mixing, but i was hoping there is a software that can balance the "gain" of all your tracks in the most simple manner without distorting the tracks.

thanks

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

thanks! do you recommend doing my whole library? or should i do it selectively

Run everything through it.
    I recommend setting 94 or 96db and once everything is analysed, use the "Track Gain" option.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I have had best results at 94

Run everything through it. It is reversable should you not like the results
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Wizard

awesome thanks for the tips, I was reading that they don't recommend going over 89 or something because clipping might occur, but if 94-96 works ill go ahead and try it.

What does the "Track Gain" option do?

thanks again

follow these 3 simple steps

*Load tracks into mp3gain.

*select track analysis

*select track gain.

Finished

NOTE: always use track analysis and track gain.

if you select album for both of the above it will assume the album is the same volume and will adjust as a group rather than individually.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"