NYC Hostel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYC Hostel

Default NYC Hostel

Hi guys i'm going to travel to ny to study a course at dubspot and im looking for cheap places were I can live in

Do anyone from there can guide me I dont know Hostels and Students houses or stuff like that even a friend that need a roomate i can use that too

thanks

Tech Mentor

How long will you be here? I would try to sublease a room via Craiglist.

Also, what class are you taking? I was at Dubspot over the summer. GREAT place.

Tech Mentor

Lucky bastards, i'm jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Lukas1 View Post

Also, what class are you taking? I was at Dubspot over the summer. GREAT place.
    Im going to take the Producer/DJ certified and i going to need it for 3 month i start the 27 or 28 of february

jajaja can you tell me a little bit about your expirience at dubspot too hahaha

Tech Mentor

so NYC just shut down a bunch of hostels this fall under some new regulations. I had a class trip and we had to sponaniously move to an actual hotel. I would recommend a sublet. (in brooklyn)

There is a good hostel called Chelsea International in the Chelsea area, I stayed there for a week, it's pretty cheap and it's in New York City
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by C.Lukas1 View Post
    this. sublease via CL in one of the outer boroughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machete View Post
    i going to need it for 3 month (sic!)
    a hostel is not gonna be cost-effective if you stay as long as 3 months. and most nyc hostels are pretty much terrible anyway, regardless of location.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Machete View Post
    Im going to take the Producer/DJ certified and i going to need it for 3 month i start the 27 or 28 of february

jajaja can you tell me a little bit about your expirience at dubspot too hahaha
    The Ableton DJ/Producer certificate?

Definitely get on the Craigslist search asap. Padmapper.com is also a good site to find a room/sublet.

I took the 3 month "DJ Extensive Program." It was once a week (Sundays) for 4 hours. It was separated into 6 levels. If I could do it all over again I would have only signed up for the 2nd half of the class. I did not know this was an option prior to enrolling. The first 3 levels were basically just a refresher. I already knew most of what they were teaching...phrasing, basic beat matching, Traktor/Serato workflow, etc. Anyway, it was still cool to learn from pros. The instructors at Dubspot are super cool and the whole experience was great. I was sad when it was all over.

I really enjoyed it, one of the best decisions I've made.

I try out craiglist but i cant get any response i send emails like crazy but i think that nobody reponse cause im gonig to bee in ny until 20 february
    padmapper its $$$$$$$$ omg :C jajajaja

maybe someone here need a roomate?

Tech Mentor

Where are you coming from?

Yeah, you're a bit too early. They say when searching for an apartment/share/room in NYC 30 days out is the max.

I didn't land my current apartment until 6 days before my old lease was up. It was crazy stressful.

Watch out though on CL, there are a lot of scammers out there. Do not transfer any funds until you are absolutely sure on the place. I would suggest coming here first, staying somewhere temporarily and then search for a room to rent.

PM me if you like, we can hookup on FB and I'll give you some tips regarding apartments. I just had a friend move here from Denmark for a few months. She had a hell of a time finding a sublease, but it eventually worked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast