Die yuppy scum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Die yuppy scum!

Default Die yuppy scum!

I grew up in Naperville, IL. A town that was over ran by white collar relocates to the Chicagoland area because of having a good school system. When I was young it was a normal town with a few locally owned grocery stores, a comic book store, a basement manual scoring bowling alley, an arcade with Virtual Fighter and black lights everywhere. Nowadays those locations have been torn down for corporate pleasing mega chain stores and the arcade sucks full of DDR and kiddy toys. Like little kids 12 and under. You know what store I hate the most? The Apple store.

The MBPro industry standard sickens me to death. I cringe at the fact peeps imply you need this high priced garbage to be a real DJ. First of all some peeps cringe at the fact a computer is involved at all.

I bought a G4 for $3,xxx around 2004 to edit motorcycle stunt riding videos. If I remember correctly it was almost obsolete by 2007 as I was enraged they kept updating their OS and refused to pay for it. Eventually I couldn't update common plug-ins because they were no longer supported by my OS. Sold it for $200 on eBay a few years back.

I run a budget HP G60 ($300 black Friday special last year) with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. Gigged for 8 hours straight on NYE using a VCI, Numark I/O, and Stanton SCS3s which also requires "DaRouter" to be running.

Recently reading Dubspots "Traktor Prefrences" article with preferred MBPro settings on 44100/512 samples with 13ms latency made me chuckle. I have no problems achieving better than this on said budget laptop.

To all you wanna be elitist Apple users I say choke on an apple core.

*posted from my iPhone
    Last edited by DJ Abide; 01-16-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Tech Mentor

The posted from iphone at the end made me laugh, but the forum is pretty full of threads like this.
    I do have to say I have to agree with you though, I bought my self a macbook off eba a year ago expectingnit to be so much better than my thinkpad and so far I've been pretty underwhelmed.
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

no one was ever forcing me to buy an mac. so i didn't and live until today happy with my pc's which can do all i want ^^ so, why the hatetrains? because you can't make decisions on your own?
    ( www.sickinc.org ~ a psychedelic trance ritual )

i dont get why everyone always says macs are for music yet when i ask why no one can tell me not trying to make a shit storm i just dont see the point in paying 2500 dollars for the same hardware i can get for 800. i mean i run a full disk defragment and clean my system once a week and i have never got a virus, never had windows crash unless i was doing something stupid like messing with files i shouldnt of been messing with. why are macs "industry standard".

to op have you been watching american psycho lately haha

Hey man, I use my Macbook Pro for shit like School Projects and the Internet too.

Quote Originally Posted by streetStreet View Post
    Hey man, I use my Macbook Pro for shit like School Projects and the Internet too.
    do you do said school projects at starbucks?

No, no, no. Starbucks if for coffee silly.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

inb4flamewar

Oh, wait, OP already started it...

Seriously, enough of the bullshit mac vs pc threads. You're flogging dead horses.

And to all those who are gonna rage at me cause I use a mac? I give not a single fuck what you think.

P.S. IBTL / IBTF.
    Last edited by Citizen_Insane; 01-16-2012 at 04:07 AM.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Guru

macs are for music because core audio beats windows sound drivers hands down. If it wasn't for asio you would have like 200ms latency, but we do have asio so that is irrelevant.

I use more OS's on a daily basis than most ppl use in there life. neither windows or mac are my favourite. However apple have done less dumb things than windows. however to be fair most the dumb stuff in windows is there to make it backwards compatible.

That being said I dj'd with a vista machine for 3 years never a single crash. I have dj'd with a mac for a year and I have had tractor unexpectedly close about 5 mins into a set. Luckily it was the beginning of the night and about 3 ppl in the bar. Touch wood it won't happen again

"*

No. But it's all up to you, do you want to be jizzing in your pants when you boot it up for the first time or do you wanna be like "Meh." ? Do you want the industry standard (as previously mentioned) or something labeled as "budget" ? And last but not least when you take your laptop to school/work who do you want swarming around you ? Girls admiring the amazing design and light up apple or computer geeks asking questions about memory and write speed of your HDD ?

Like I said, it's all up to you.

-Sincerely a MBP user."

How about this ass hat? Clearly he has a low k/d in first person shooters cuz one posseses ZERO game if your mindset is MacBook = vagina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast