Drunk in charge of a dancefloor ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Drunk in charge of a dancefloor ...

Had an entertaining one on Saturday night - popped out for a quick pint with a mate who was playing at a bar in town. Nattering away to him and notice that the chap who's supposed to be playing the last hour of the night is looking, well, utterly shitfaced.

This was confirmed half an hour before his set started when he keeled over in the booth smashing a load of glasses that were ona table back there, before getting a bollocking off the manager who stated he wouldn't let him play - fortunately I had a memory stick with my Serato crates on it, and managed to pitch in an help 'em out (the second time I've ever played out on Serato, with no controllers, dicers and no idea what the keyboard mapping was - talk about chucked in the deep end)

A couple of beers to settle the nerves is understandable, but getting yourself into that state is just hugely unprofessional - can't see the lad being asked back (and I got his fee )
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

MOST DEF!

It used to be a THING here locally with a specific bunch of dudes.

Damn straight!...you late....or you fucked? Next man goes in and takes the cash.

Its the only way the fucker will learn!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

good think he didn't make a scene or got to the point where he was really wasted while spinning..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Jack Bastard

Name and shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Name and shame.

TAR and FEATHER!

LOL
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Nothing with a drink or 2 to calm the nerves, but the more I see drunk workers in clubs (be it servers, managers, djs) the more it annoys me. You can still party and be professional without getting wasted.

Default Drunk in charge of a dancefloor ...

Coked up ones really bother me more then wasted ones not that I'm a prude but this it's so stupid to be coked up or iced when your running a club especially I've seen clubs get shut because of management being stupid

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone

i was at a club in Orange Beach one time and saw the DJ that was supposed to play take a couple hits of acid before a show once, probably the worst set ive ever heard. I like to have a nice buzz when im spinnin, enough to relax and feel the music but sober enough to know how to act professional.

Tech Wizard

Did it go like this:

Bar Staff: Is anyone here a DJ? We Need a DJ! Can anyone help?
    SO: Well I'm a DJ
    Bar Staff: Good heavens, thank you! Pick up the headphones and help us!
    Slow clap from the crowd as he stands up and finishes his beer. The slow clap evolves into a standing ovation as the crowd parts to allow the DJ access to booth. The cheering becomes so loud he can only lip read the "Thank you"s and "God Bless You"s coming from that nights club goers...

Going back many years ago I went to Ibiza in 1998 and saw Alex P and Brandon Block play at Es Paradis. At the beginning of their set they seemed fine jumping about and having fun but about half way through the 2 of them looked totally smashed, but still played an amazing set lol.
    Last edited by hesitant; 01-16-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast