Subwave

Thread: Subwave

Tech Mentor

Default Subwave

Whos heard subwaves new album, pretty amazing if you ask me, something very different to much of the dnb coming out as of late, quite different from his older stuff. but im really impressed, maybe its because he has moved to metalheadz from hospital. any opinions?
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

I didn't knew him, i previewed the album, it's great ! That "bring me down" tune is ace. I wouldn't play much of these songs in a dj set, but for casual listening it's a great trip.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Tech Wizard

Honestly, there about a few cuts off of the LP that I'm diggin. The rest to me is trying too hard to be different. I will say Subwave has come a long way from his releases on Tech Itch to releases on Hospital to Headz. From the announcement of his LP coming out on Headz(what 2-3yrs ago?) I was expecting at least one tune similar to Dreamcatcher.

Its all good. Not the best LP off of Headz and definitely not the worst. Looking forward to the next Commix LP though!!!

Tech Mentor

Ahhh deinfamous there you are, I waited long enough for our battle so had to find someone else. Did you hear my mix?

personally this album is what I love about dnb, sounds a little like sgn ltd too. Aeeeh is my fav tune on the album. Reminds me a bit of burials album untrue a little.

Looking forward to commix also, do u no if the track time has come is coming out been waiting years for it to be released???
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

Im rating the new subwave LP, theres a nice mix between dancefloor and deep rollers.
    Its all about 'the mines' and 'rainbows'. 'Wheel of Time' is a quality tension builder too, i'll be opening one of my sets with that one day methinks.

I really dont think his sound has changed too much from his work on hospital. The future sound of russia is a good example. He's gotten better at producing imo, maybe just refining his sound, making it more commercially acceptable?

Anyone caught the new need for mirrors release on headz? Defo worth the time.

To be fair though, Critial are at the top of the pack at the moment, June millers new release on modulations is FIERCE!

That new commix LP will be a culmination of previous works, released and unreleased. Steeevo, youre in luck

I dont have a release date though.
    Last edited by Flash101uk; 01-17-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

Yeah got the need for mirrors last night. Its called methxx pretty good. I no what you mean about djing with all the tracks. But a great album for listening