wouldn't it be great if...

Default wouldn't it be great if...

Someone who's really clever with midi mapping traktor modified the S4 mapping...
    So not only does it change which channel you're monitoring but also does this.

When you hit the cue button for channels c and d the software automatically changes the respective deck from a / c to b / d. So you don't have to do it yourself. Just like how the NS6 and Itch does.

That way maybe I'll stop making a dick out of myself when I forget to press the deck a/c, deck b/d button.

Last edited by JimmyEllis; 01-18-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Do it yourself. Check what modifier is changed to what value then add same modifier and value then "learn" cue button.

Not hard at all, unless when the s4 is switched deck modes the controls send a different midi/hid command.

I'm completely illiterate when it comes to things like this.
    I guess it's about time I got my head around it.

I'll see if I can apply what you've suggested.
    Thanks

Seems to be a bit more complicated...
    The command for deck swapping seems to be Left.Deck Select or Right.Deck Select
    Which I can't find in the add in... menu

I've attached a screen shot.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73171961@N03/6724708899/"]Screen Shot 2012-01-19 at 9.15.23 AM | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can't, the deck buttons toggle different hardwired layers (meaning it's not handled by Traktor). You can check this by yourself by trying to map these buttons, you will see they don't send any MIDI/HID data.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You can't, the deck buttons toggle different hardwired layers (meaning it's not handled by Traktor). You can check this by yourself by trying to map these buttons, you will see they don't send any MIDI/HID data.
    Thanks for the reply...
    Bit of a bummer that. oh well.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyEllis View Post
    Thanks for the reply...
    Bit of a bummer that. oh well.
    To achieve what you want you will have to remap the whole controller and add a modifier per side to emulate the deck switch, since traktor can't candle 2 different soft deck focuses (at least it was like this last time i checked)

Thanks for the info Padi