serato restarts my laptop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default serato restarts my laptop

hi guys, a bit of an odd one that no-one seems to of heard of over at the serato forums, i dont yet have a serato interface as i currently run tsp2, but im switching over in the next few weeks and thought i'd get ahead and organise playlists etc so that im prepared.

the problem im having is every so often, serato will shut down and restart my laptop? its completely random, doesnt matter if im analysing a track, playing a track or doing absolutely nothing it doesnt even do it at regular intervals.

has anyone heard of this and / or know what the problem is, i want to switch over but cant afford to have stability issues.

any help much appreciated.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

i have never heard of that, are you sure its serato and not potentially a problem with your computer surfacing?

thats what others have said, but i have stress tested everything, i ran tsp2 yesterday with all 8 sample decks looping, every fx bank on and decks playing, and it ran sweet for 5 hours, stopped, left everything for a while restarted computer opened serato and boom ... within 2 mins the laptop crashed and restarted, however i could not get it to do it again for another 3 hours???

safe to say my head is fried on this one.

Tech Mentor

You should take dump of the crash and send to serato guys to investigate. Contact support@serato.com

Quote Originally Posted by icb View Post
    You should take dump of the crash and send to serato guys to investigate. Contact support@serato.com
    how do i go about doing that, i'm used to traktor where there's a folder for crashlogs but cant seem to find anything in the serato folders. cheers.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    how do i go about doing that, i'm used to traktor where there's a folder for crashlogs but cant seem to find anything in the serato folders. cheers.
    http://serato.com/articles/scratchli...-and-windows-7

brilliant cheers for that, ill get it sorted and try to get it to replicate the problem, just a thought, could some of my music be corrupt, now that i have analysed it all, some of the tracks that i have from soundcloud are showing in serato as corrupt?? could this be the problem?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    brilliant cheers for that, ill get it sorted and try to get it to replicate the problem, just a thought, could some of my music be corrupt, now that i have analysed it all, some of the tracks that i have from soundcloud are showing in serato as corrupt?? could this be the problem?
    Delete all corrupt tracks and try then. IF happens again, proly something with your laptop isn't configured ok.

will do, cheers mate

If all else fails, it wouldn't hurt to uninstall it and try a different version...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast