Torq + Xponent
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torq + Xponent

Tech Convert

Default Torq + Xponent

Just wondering if there was anyone on here using Torq + the Xponent for controllerism or just regular play? If so how do you like it and are you using any other controllers/modifiers/gear along with it?

Personally I just use the Torq-Xponent combo and that it for both practice and live performance. Gotta say... I do love the software

Tech Convert

how do you like the xponent? i was torn between that or the vci ,

Tech Convert

torq looks pretty user friendly , traktor in my opinion looks ....dont flame me , Im saying It LOOKS complicated

Tech Convert

I actually like the Xponent. As far as hardware alone goes its extremely light-weight, knobs all feel very solid and even when turning, and the faders feel pretty good. The only real complaints I have with the Xponent is the faders feel a little light and the cue buttons aren't always as responsive as i would like (also they could be a bit larger).

However, overall I really do like it. I've only had one opportunity to mess around with a VCI-100 but you can't go wrong with either unit. I'm just an M-Audio fan and always have been.

Tech Convert

Torq is very user friendly. Version 1.5 looks to be even more fun! The only thing is because it is a fairly new program the community is pretty limited. But with time that will change.

Tech Mentor

i have had the chance to mess around with Torq (be it LE) with an X-Session and i must say the software seemed very stable and their keylocking was fantastic.

cant afford and xponent right now

Tech Convert

Well, I noticed on my windows it had a tendancy to crash mid session. However there was a update released for both mac and windows that made it a ton more stable.

Tech Wizard

i'm running the xponent with virtualdj prof.
    Didn't like everything of the torq software, for example the strange behaviour of the jogwheels while pitchbending forwards and backwards.
    The Loop and Reloop Buttons are confusing too, in VirtualDJ it works as i want.

The only thing i would like to have is the Xone92 EQ like Traktor. That's a really cool thing when mixing trance and house..
    Is there a .tks file so i can test the Traktor Demo with the Xponent?

I am running torq w/ an exponent and a connectiv pack depending on what style i am going for. FOr scratching its awesome to make custom scratch files and they sound awesome. My xponent is my baby for mash ups though. With a trigger finger an torq with whatever hardware you cant go wrong. I will say that I have been playing with traktor and do like its features but i think once the 1.5 version of torq is stable i will be very happy.

i had an xponent for a couple of week but didnt like it. its feels more like a toy, very plasticy, and faders are very loose. if it was made more solid (out of metal)and the faders more professional it would be great. i liked the feel of the buttons.

i heard from someone at the store i returned it that if you press down close to the pitch fader it will actually change the pitch. didnt get the chance to try that with mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast