Am I crazy for really wanting and considering a pair of CDJ-2000s? - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I really don't think pioneer is going to release a USB only CDJ nor would I want it. If they did it would be a stripped down unit no where near the level of a CDJ-2000 and would me more like a CDJ-850 or CDJ-350, which are cheap enough anyway that there would be no point in taking the CD drive out and spreading out their product line.

It's like these people who complain about the Xone: K2 having a soundcard even though it is already $230 they want a company to release the same product without a soundcard so they can have one for $30 cheaper. What's the point?

Tech Mentor

Default Am I crazy for really wanting and considering a pair of CDJ-2000s?

Definitely do it. You won't regret it.

I went from controller to serato & TTs, then to cdj2000s & rekordbox.

Never once looked back.

Tech Wizard

I've played quite a bit on the 2000's and damn are they nice. Honestly if u have the cash they are the way to go. I was seriously considering buying a pair but the wife put a stop to that...lol. So i got the 900's and ya they don't have the features or the feel of the 2000's, but they are really nice. For my home setup 2000's might have been overkill and overall i'm really happy with the purchase. 2000's, 2 techs, and a db4 would be a fun fucking setup for sure tho.

Quote Originally Posted by JDFS View Post
    Why don't you take the CDJ-900? On 'THE' DJ site of my country, they describe the CDJ-900's like this:

You are on a night out. Consider the CDJ-2000 as the girl you can never get, she's too hot. Then, suddenly the CDJ-900 is there. Well, she's not as hot as the CDJ-2000, but she is 'fine', meaning you would do her. When you have a few drinks and you two start kissing, she actually has good kissing techniques and you think "Hey, that's not so bad after all!".

Go for the CDJ-900's and spare the money to give it out for your producing corner!
    That's hilarious. Apart from this…

Quote Originally Posted by U-31 View Post
    Fpmsl@ the write up on CDJ900's, why do99% of men think the hottest woman in the club is unreachable?
    When i was single that general attitude of defeatism made it easier for the likes of me to cruise on in there and nail 'em..
    …it's also bullshit. If the CDJ-2000 is the hottest girl at the club, the CDJ-900 is her hairy-bushed identical twin who'll never fuck with the lights on. Yeah…it's really close, and if you're hard up or have no experience you can't really tell the difference…but it's there.

(due credit to Yeezy and Kevin Smith for the imagery)

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I thought I was getting bad and then I started browsing the studio thread on gearslutz and feel like my setup is modest.

Also part of my twisted thinking is that if I get these then my RGAS will fade away since there will be nothing more to get. I know this is wrong though.

Yeah if I'm getting CDJs it's going to be the 2000s. I really want cover art and the jog are a little better. Slip mode is cool though but not a big deal.
    Yeah…I still don't understand how DJs get off thinking their gear is expensive. You show me an expensive DJ rig, and I'll show you a not-ridiculous studio rig that costs more and still has significant limitations.

GAS never fades. But if you're happy, it's a lot easier to ignore new things. The real problem comes when you start jonesing for old things or wanting to get into a different side of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I really don't think pioneer is going to release a USB only CDJ nor would I want it. If they did it would be a stripped down unit no where near the level of a CDJ-2000 and would me more like a CDJ-850 or CDJ-350, which are cheap enough anyway that there would be no point in taking the CD drive out and spreading out their product line.

It's like these people who complain about the Xone: K2 having a soundcard even though it is already $230 they want a company to release the same product without a soundcard so they can have one for $30 cheaper. What's the point?
    I really don't think they'd release it. It doesn't make any business sense. Yeah…a lot of people will want it. If they can get the same profit margin off of it, it might make sense for them, but the big cost is not technology that came out in the '80s (the CD player part). I mean…you can't even buy CD drives for your computer anymore…they're all CDRs. And you can buy a USB 2.0 CD-RW drive for under $15. They cost nothing. And people will not pay $1780 for a USBDJ-2000 when they could have a CDJ-2000 for $1800 and lose nothing.

Tech Mentor

Hot damn, you mean i married a 900 and not a 2000?
    Bugger!

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

Yeah…I still don't understand how DJs get off thinking their gear is expensive.
    along the same lines....if you discount all the money you save from not having to buy vinyl, cdjs and the like aren't bad at all.

at least that is how i am rationalizing it

Quote Originally Posted by Connekted View Post
    I've played quite a bit on the 2000's and damn are they nice. Honestly if u have the cash they are the way to go. I was seriously considering buying a pair but the wife put a stop to that...lol. So i got the 900's and ya they don't have the features or the feel of the 2000's, but they are really nice. For my home setup 2000's might have been overkill and overall i'm really happy with the purchase. 2000's, 2 techs, and a db4 would be a fun fucking setup for sure tho.
    Yeah I don't know how I would fit it all on my booth thingy. I would probably want to keep them flat and not put them on stands (I could probably squeeze everything in my booth if I got or made some good CDJ stands but I don't really like using them like that when they wobble) so the 1200s would have to be stored away.

Xone, isn't there enough space on your top shelf if you kick out the laptop and all of the controllers?

Quote Originally Posted by 3IJ View Post
    along the same lines....if you discount all the money you save from not having to buy vinyl, cdjs and the like aren't bad at all.
    I could almost afford a CDJ-2000 based on the music in my "current" playlist being purchased as mostly new vinyl.

It's disgusting how much vinyl costs.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Xone, isn't there enough space on your top shelf if you kick out the laptop and all of the controllers?

It's not deep enough (it just barely fits my 15" macbook pro) and I would have to build something on it to angle them downwards too since it would be very uncomfortable just using them sitting flat on the shelf since the booth is already high at the proper level.

Then I am weary of putting all that weight and stress on the brackets which are fastened as best as possible to the not so sturdy kind of hollow ikea expedit.

Ahh…k. I was always a fan of this setup, but I guess that's not an option without taking off your shelf…and it would really depend on how deep your db4 is.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast