Am I crazy for really wanting and considering a pair of CDJ-2000s?
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Am I crazy for really wanting and considering a pair of CDJ-2000s?

I just am really longing to be able to ditch the laptop if I want to and just plug a usb stick in and mix. I really miss my CDJ-1000s and their jogs but I don't miss burning CDs.

I love that the CDJ-2000s show cover art. I love the jogs, I love the pitch faders, I love the play and cue buttons. I just really enjoy mixing on them whereas it feels stale syncing on my X1s. DVS with traktor scratch is better but it is an annoying setup to have to use a laptop and a soundcard and I would still rather mix on CDJs or advanced HID on CDJs.

I just like being able to walk up to my setup at any time and mix and not have to plug in a ton of stuff to my laptop and load up traktor.

I'm not even playing out anywhere right now, this would just be for me. I'm sure there are much better things to spend or not spend $3200 on. Part of me just wants to get them so I couldn't possibly have anything else I could want to add to my DJ setup and I could stop thinking about gear I don't need.

It seems like a new controller comes out every other day and they all seem less and less interesting- I couldn't really care less about the new NI thing or the K2 and just want to mix on 2 CDJs and utilize the input matrix on the DB4 for sampling.

I also wonder if I should wait in case they are going to announce something new or a CDJ-20000 MK2. I kind of doubt it but they have been out for like 3 years now.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 01-19-2012 at 12:32 AM.

You aren't crazy. You have the one of the nicest mixers in the world. A pair of the best CDJs in the world only seems logical. Then again, I'd wait. 3 years is about the space between the CDJ-1000 mk1 and the mk2, and NAMM is right around the corner, so yeah...

But the more I think about it Xonetacular, you have the setup dreams are made of. I'd say a pair of CDJ-2000s would look mighty fine in the whole scheme of things...

This isn't very helpful, isn't it? I'm still thinking about how good your DB4 would look in between my 1200s (even though i'd still need my Audio 4. WTF NI?). It's what happens every time I see your name. Damn you Xonetacular! And your DB4 thread too!

I don't think you're crazy, but you read my selling everything threads.

I've gotten to the point that I just crave simplicity in DJing. If I had unlimited funds (or a good job and no major commitments) I'd have ordered CDJ-2000s already. Just about the only thing that would make me wait for a mk2 would be bigger cover art.

I'm not going to buy them any time soon, mostly because I have a lot of other toys I want first (be careful getting into production…) but believe me, I would. If I start gigging regularly there will be a pile of USB keys right next to my (soon to be purchased) serato box, and if I see CDJ-2000s…the laptop stays in the bag with everything else besides headphones.

I think they're ridiculous overkill for a bedroom. No bedroom DJ needs CDJ-2000s. But they don't need db4s either.

If you've got the money, I say why not…

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnutfrombirth View Post
    You aren't crazy. You have the one of the nicest mixers in the world. A pair of the best CDJs in the world only seems logical. Then again, I'd wait. 3 years is about the space between the CDJ-1000 mk1 and the mk2, and NAMM is right around the corner, so yeah...

But the more I think about it Xonetacular, you have the setup dreams are made of. I'd say a pair of CDJ-2000s would look mighty fine in the whole scheme of things...

This isn't very helpful, isn't it? I'm still thinking about how good your DB4 would look in between my 1200s (even though i'd still need my Audio 4. WTF NI?). It's what happens every time I see your name. Damn you Xonetacular! And your DB4 thread too!
    Yeah kind of my thoughts right now

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

I've gotten to the point that I just crave simplicity in DJing. If I had unlimited funds (or a good job and no major commitments) I'd have ordered CDJ-2000s already. Just about the only thing that would make me wait for a mk2 would be bigger cover art.

I'm not going to buy them any time soon, mostly because I have a lot of other toys I want first (be careful getting into production…) but believe me, I would. If I start gigging regularly there will be a pile of USB keys right next to my (soon to be purchased) serato box, and if I see CDJ-2000s…the laptop stays in the bag with everything else besides headphones.

I think they're ridiculous overkill for a bedroom. No bedroom DJ needs CDJ-2000s. But they don't need db4s either.

Yeah, the more I get into controller stuff the less I like it and enjoy it. My setup is completely overkill already and my interest in gear is a hobby in itself.

I also hear you on the production stuff, if I don't get the CDJs my money will just go there. I don't have the cash to burn now but in a month or two and after I sell some technics I will.

I'm also thinking ahead to my goals for DJing and I want to find some sort of semi regular gig I could enjoy. I live an hour north of miami which kind of makes the club scene impractical and I have no way of breaking into that anyway.

Realistically I'll be going for a nice bar/lounge gig locally and most of these places have the dj bring their own gear. It just seems kind of tacky to show up with a controller and when the DJ is part of the atmosphere they should be mixing and look like they're doing something. A lot of these places have a dj for the sake of having a dj for the vibe which leaves cdjs and TTs.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

100% this!! Do it and post pics so I can sit here in insane jealousy!!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Guru

Don't get the CDJ2000s. Save the cash and give something to the less fortunate. It'll be so much more fulfilling than mass consumerism and it may even make some sort of difference other than laying claim to some pretty pictures on the internet.

I'd wait for cd-less 2000's, pioneer would be crazy not to release it they would make a killing at around 1000 a peice
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

If you want the traditional feel go vinyl (which you already have). If you want to be able to just switch everything on and press play and have the cash buy them.

That's my theory. Hence why I still have my 1k's. Doesn't bother me about burning cds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I just am really longing to be able to ditch the laptop if I want to and just plug a usb stick in and mix. I really miss my CDJ-1000s and their jogs but I don't miss burning CDs.

I love that the CDJ-2000s show cover art. I love the jogs, I love the pitch faders, I love the play and cue buttons. I just really enjoy mixing on them whereas it feels stale syncing on my X1s. DVS with traktor scratch is better but it is an annoying setup to have to use a laptop and a soundcard and I would still rather mix on CDJs or advanced HID on CDJs.

I just like being able to walk up to my setup at any time and mix and not have to plug in a ton of stuff to my laptop and load up traktor.

I'm not even playing out anywhere right now, this would just be for me. I'm sure there are much better things to spend or not spend $3200 on. Part of me just wants to get them so I couldn't possibly have anything else I could want to add to my DJ setup and I could stop thinking about gear I don't need.

It seems like a new controller comes out every other day and they all seem less and less interesting- I couldn't really care less about the new NI thing or the K2 and just want to mix on 2 CDJs and utilize the input matrix on the DB4 for sampling.

I also wonder if I should wait in case they are going to announce something new or a CDJ-20000 MK2. I kind of doubt it but they have been out for like 3 years now.
    Dude...you SERIOUSLY have the worst case of GAS I have seen yet!
    HAHAHAHA

Just do it bro....get em all!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Don't get the CDJ2000s. Save the cash and give something to the less fortunate. It'll be so much more fulfilling than mass consumerism and it may even make some sort of difference other than laying claim to some pretty pictures on the internet.

Dude!

He IS giving to the less fortunate.

He will get a badass set going and play it for those who are not fortunate enough to have a pair ....or those unfortunates who can't DJ.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast