Rane Sixty-Two - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rane Sixty-Two

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdjkaz View Post
    Personally I think Serato are the future.
    Agreed. Serato FTW.

Default Rane Sixty-Two

Question is what to do with my Rane 57? Keep it? Sell it & use the cash toward a 62?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

These two mixers are the most significant products which came out of this year's NAMM, IMO. From the moment they were anounced, I've been thrilled about them.

Both are dream mixers! The 62 has all I could ever want a mixer to have. Can't find a single flow in it's design or feature set (aesthetics aside ). I miss the filter on the AUX on the 61, but besides that, it's also perfect (and better looking).

I'd definetely love to have the 62! I just can't really comprehand why it's more expensive even than the DB4 (double soundcards vs. the best fx?!?). The premium they ask for it is just not right, despite the good product it is.

Tech Guru

This video reveals interesting info, like for example that the effects are stackable - you can apply the USB insert -> internal FX -> external processor and they are stacked !

other interesting features are also explained

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9XA_...ayer_embedded#!

Tech Mentor

Ok for me the sample player is a bit of a waste as i use the bridge so i'm pleased to see that i can use the third channel to route Ableton into the mix...

However unless im mistaken it's missing the loop roll feature, ive read the manual but can i remap the sample player buttons to do loop rolls instead and will this midi maping transfer across both attached laptops.... regardless my order is already in!

Cheers
    D

Tech Guru

seems like the loop rolls are in the "Auto loop mode"

Tech Convert

Omg! I want one now!
    Just debating in between the z trip or original
    Last edited by BLAKNITE; 02-01-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Tech Mentor

Mmmmm Auto vs Manual Loop.... Looks like the size of loop roll is selected with the encoder though which isn't ideal for me being used to Dicers...

I hope that if you midi map a button it's standard functionality is disabled like how control surfaces work with Ableton, that way my SP6 assign buttons at the top can become the Bridge Sync to Deck A and B buttons...

Cheers
    D

Tech Guru

The video i've posted above says that the MIDI mapping can be used for "other than Serato" softwares. I'm not expirience with Serato, but I'm left with impression that the build-in mappins are hardcoded. Samo applies to the dicers.

BTW, the Dicers should be a good companion of the 62 too, although a little bit redundant, probably.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    BTW, the Dicers should be a good companion of the 62 too, although a little bit redundant, probably.
    Yeah but i want to ditch the dicers as with a two computer set up i'd need two pairs and thats not practical....

Cheers
    D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast