How to play iTunes or YouTube through Traktor Audio 10 on Mac
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default How to play iTunes or YouTube through Traktor Audio 10 on Mac

Hi people,

I've just upgraded to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 which comes with the Audio 10 soundcard. Since upgrading I have not been able to play music through my speakers unless it is playing in Traktor. I have a large collection of music in iTunes which I would like to play sometimes that isn't the sort of stuff I play with in Traktor. I know I can obviously access my iTunes through Traktor on the left but I'd rather just play it through iTunes itself rather than putting each seperate track on to deck A or deck B everytime!

Furthermore I often play music through YouTube and I'm no longer able to do this either.

Does anyone know how to do this? Would be a big shame if it's not possible!

Cheers,

Ryan

You could try SoundSource from here. It lets you select audio devices easily and can set separate devices for normal programs and system sounds so you wouldn't, for example, get your 'new mail' sound coming though over our music.

Go into Audio MIDI setup (spotlight is the easiest way to find it, but it's in Applications/Utilities I think), you should be able to set a system wide sound device through there.

Tech Convert

Thanks guys, I tried both of these but still no luck!

It says that the Traktor Audio 10 is selected as the main device but there still isn't any music coming out of my speakers.

Is this maybe because the speakers are only connected to the soundcard through my Behringer DJX700 mixer? This would make sense.

Still though there must be a way that would prevent me from having to plug out the audio cables from the mixer and plug them straight into the soundcard everytime I want to use iTunes.

Tech Convert

Saying that, that didn't actually work either just checked!

System Preferences > Sound > Output
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

i have a similar setup: MBP --> Presonus Firebox --> DDM4000

i have no problems outputting any audio through the main out of the soundcard to the 1st channel of the mixer. might sound stupid but are your gain knob & volume fader of the TA10 main out (i guess 1/2) up?

go to audio midi setup right click on the TA10 and choose "use this unit as output" (<- probably different, my mac is in german)
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Just to add to what others have said, if you set the a10 as the global output, you should then get sound out of the first (a) channel of the a10. This is at least how the a8 works. So you just need to make sure that that channel is turned up on your mixer.

Tell me you have speakers hooked up to the Audio10?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

I have the answer! After trying to do this for months i figured it out..... Rca cable red / white into main out 1 & 2 on audio 10. Other end goes into channel 1 line - red/ white. Now flip your channel one to line to listen to computer. Flip it back to use traktor. May also want to go to mac, preferences, sound and set input and output to audio 10. JOB DONE!!

Thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ryanlindo View Post
    Hi people,

I've just upgraded to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 which comes with the Audio 10 soundcard. Since upgrading I have not been able to play music through my speakers unless it is playing in Traktor. I have a large collection of music in iTunes which I would like to play sometimes that isn't the sort of stuff I play with in Traktor. I know I can obviously access my iTunes through Traktor on the left but I'd rather just play it through iTunes itself rather than putting each seperate track on to deck A or deck B everytime!

Furthermore I often play music through YouTube and I'm no longer able to do this either.

Does anyone know how to do this? Would be a big shame if it's not possible!

Cheers,

Ryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast