Technics RP-DH1200 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Tech Wizard

Default Technics RP-DH1200 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50

What's up guys - Upgrading my setup and Have headphones narrowed down to two choices:

Technics RP-DH1200 or ATH-M50's

Which would you guys recommend? Either? I'm leaning towards the Technics...not sure why, but either way I'd like to be able to buy them local (nyc area) so any tips on getting a good price at guitar center or something like that would be appreciated.

Look forward to your input.

Tech Wizard

I don't think you can find them at Guitar Center because aren't they discontinued? You can try calling them up, but I got mine from Amazon for $110.

They are a nice set of headphones in my opinion. I basically got them for hearing the lows better because my in-ear monitors were obviously very lacking in that category, but I think you'll be satisfied with them. Sure as hell I am!

Says $105 with free shipping.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Technics-RP-DH-1200-RP-DH1200-Headphones/dp/B0002EXJPM"]Amazon.com: Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41H5M7RP58L.@@AMEPARAM@@41H5M7RP58L[/ame]

Hope this helps with your purchase! =]
    Set-up: Macbook, 3x Pioneer CDJ 1000MK2, Pioneer DJM 800, Technics RP-DH1200, Ableton Live, Casio XW-P1 Keyboard
    My Soundcloud
    Other Soundcloud
    My Mixcloud

I come from the opposite view and I love my ATH M-50s. I've had them for two years and they've taken a beating, and they're still going. Honestly, every time i use them I'm surprised they still work. The sound great and what I love about them is that they're very well balanced in sound. They don't pump out more bass like other headphones I've tried, but rather it's completely accurate sound reproduction. I will say though that I haven't tried the Technics, but I do love my Audio Technica's.

The best things I love about them are:
    -The coiled cable (honestly a big upside for me)
    - Balanced and accurate sound reproduction
    - Very comfortable (worn them for 6 hours straight)
    - You can also use them for production monitoring if you don't have studio monitors.

Both headphones are great choices, it comes down to what you're looking for in your cans i guess. If you have any questions about the ATH M-50s feel free to ask.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the help guys. Ended up goin with the technics : )