Do you use your 4-channel mixer?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Do you use your 4-channel mixer?

Like many EDM-playing folks, I own and mix on a 4-channel "club style" mixer (a Denon X-1500S), but when I thought about it the other day, I realized I don't really use more than 2 channels.

I'm running DVS and some regular vinyl from two turntables, and I've got my sample decks mapped to the 3rd & 4th channel, which I find fairly unecessary since you've got volume controls for them in Traktor anyway.

So that got me wondering, do you guys utilize all 4 channels of your mixers? And if so, what do you use them for?
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Nope!

I use my 3rd channel however on my Empath from time to time when my buddy comes to "jam" with his S4.

Still looking at buying a DJM800/900/Xone92 though just for the features and the potential expansion should I ever gig em out and there's a 2nd DJ

Yes, C&D is either sample decks (sometimes yo wanna fade in out of loops) or live input (real vinyl)

Tech Guru

I use mine now as a "studio" mixer. I have a DJM-500, and a Vestax PMC-05 Pro II. I use the Vestax for my main mixer, and route everything through my Pioneer. Ch-1 is the connected to the Vestax, Ch-2 is connected to my PC output, Ch-3 is my extra TT for listening to vinyl, and Ch-4 is connected to my other TT setup which is what I'm teaching my daughter on (2xNumark Pro TT-1's and an old crappy Stanton mixer. I run the main XLR's to my KRK's and run the booth output to my PC line in for recording audio.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

^ Yeah, I used to route my Synths into my Xone42 when I had it

on a side note how did you like the xone42? I've been eyeing one up!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

i use only 2 because is own a s4 and hate to use the C&D button, but this wil chance when i buy one of those new berhinger controllers
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Nope. I did when I was using Traktor with sample decks and Maschine, but then I realized that the sample decks were still stupid (for the way I play) and dropped them.

For me, 3 channels is ideal, and it has been basically since I realized I could beat match. The 4th adds nothing. Going down to 2 limits me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    on a side note how did you like the xone42? I've been eyeing one up!!
    I absolutely loved it BUT there was one thing that I disliked, and that was the logarithmic curves on the faders.
    People bitch about the cue system and EFX routing, I had no problems with the CUE section and barely anyone uses external EFX in my opinion

Tech Mentor

i have a VMS4, and i use channels 2/3 for traktor A&B, channel 1 for traktor C, and channel 4 for my electribe

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast