How do you guys like Ableton 8
    Tech Mentor

Default How do you guys like Ableton 8

Just wondering how you guys are liking it?

I have been able to dabble a bit with it, and sofar, it is the shiznit!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Did you get the suite? Do you think the suite is a good deal if one owns Komplete 5? I'm going to work with the demo for a while but I'll be getting it before the beginning of summer. Just don't know whether to get suite or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loay View Post
    Did you get the suite? Do you think the suite is a good deal if one owns Komplete 5? I'm going to work with the demo for a while but I'll be getting it before the beginning of summer. Just don't know whether to get suite or not.
    I have Suite on 7 . Do I think it's worth extra cash ? Nope . I really feel like I could have got some better sounding plugins for the extra cash they're nice for little accents but I'm just not feelin them for much more than that .

I have the regular Live8 Version. it suits me very well..
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

I think suite is decent. Some of the plugins are quite good, but I'm mostly saying that cos I got the Educational version so the cost was like an extra US$100 or something for Suite7 & I got the free upgrade to 8 so it was a no-brainer really.

Collision is pretty choice, and IMO Operator is a pretty sweet synth, espc with the updates from 8.

I love the warping in 8, its fucking dope. Some of the new effects are godlike as well. Live looper is amazing. Espc as I use an external turntable & instruments. Limiter was something that was needed pretty bad, vocoder & the rest are cool but I havnt had much of a chance to play with them really. I think it could be used in some twisted ways when explored properly.