The Drum & Bass thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default The Drum & Bass thread

Thought this forum needed an dnb thread a place where we can congregate and spread dnb love, Just like djf had.

first topic what's everyones feelings on logistics new tunes. I'm loving it. Its very similar to his early stuff. I think he is the only hospital artist who hasn't changed into this new jumpup culture like nutone did with his latest album words and pictures, logistics tune fiberglass I heard on the hospital podcast really reminded me of one of his first albums reality checkpoint.

Let's converse
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Mentor

Totally different thread fool
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

Tech Guru

Love Logistics, can't say i've ever heard a bad production from him, keeping true to the liquid sound i love from Hospital.

I agree about some of the artists getting a little jump-up-y, and downright nasty in places (Camo & Krookeds new tune, hot pursuit or something...EEEUURGH!), needs more liquid!

Tech Wizard

I'm starting to explore Beatport for drum and bass, reading DJ Mag for reviews. Anyone have suggestions for artists that are similar to the following?

Brookes Brothers
    Sub Focus
    Shock One

I guess it's less dark, jungle tunes, more like vocal drum and bass tunes? This was easier when Beatport had a sub-genre under the main genres.

Tech Mentor

I would check hospital records back catolouge and nutone words and pictures that is exactly what you are after. Check out spearhead records also like bcee, technicolor and lsb. Lsb - twice little dragon remix is amazing and free on lsb's facebook

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robscomputer View Post
    I'm starting to explore Beatport for drum and bass, reading DJ Mag for reviews. Anyone have suggestions for artists that are similar to the following?

Brookes Brothers
    Sub Focus
    Shock One

I guess it's less dark, jungle tunes, more like vocal drum and bass tunes? This was easier when Beatport had a sub-genre under the main genres.
    High Contrast
    Dimension
    Calibre
    Omni Trio
    Mow
    Muffler
    Netsky
    Camo & Krooked
    Nu:Tone
    Logistics
    PFM
    LTJ Bukem
    SST
    State Of Mind
    Bachelors of Science
    MRSA
    Colourz
    Intelligent Manners
    Command Strange

Plenty plenty more if you need, that should get you started though.
    I love the liquid!

If there is one thing that gets me going, then it's DJ Hazard.
    But yes Netsky (Belgiuuum !) and camo & crooked, TC, older Chase & status, Sigma, tantrum desire, sub focus and many more are all just great.

Keep an eye out on my blog if your into the drums & teh bass: http://howitzerdnb.wordpress.com/

Mostly tech related stuff in the wake of the F1 and NAMM but there'll be plenty more dnb related goodness shortly
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeevo View Post
    Totally different thread fool
    Actually no. If you read past the first few posts you'll see that the thread is actually about posting awesome Drum & Bass tunes and Drum & Bass stuff in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Keep an eye out on my blog if your into the drums & teh bass: http://howitzerdnb.wordpress.com/

Mostly tech related stuff in the wake of the F1 and NAMM but there'll be plenty more dnb related goodness shortly
    Already keeping an eye on it
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast