Virtual DJ Effect

Default Virtual DJ Effect

What effect allows me to play 1 beat ahead in the song playing? I want to trigger certain lyrics to play two times, quickly. Sorry if I'm not explaining it right. It's something I used to do with records, and trying to add to my mixing now.

Instant doubles. Just play the same song on two decks with one a beat ahead of the other and crossfade.

You're using VDJ? The Flippin Double effect might just do what you want.

Or what DJ SB said. Instant double is the clone deck button in VDJ.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

you havn't mentioned what controller you are using so not sure the best way to map it in your situation but, maybe this mapping is what you are after, it should allow you do perform a chasing beat juggle by doing exactly as you ask, it will clone the opposite deck to the one selected in pfl and jump forward one beat. You can use that on anything.

deck 1 select ? deck 2 clone_deck 1 & deck 1 goto +1 & deck 1 play : deck 1 clone_deck 2 & deck 2 goto +1 & deck 2 play

if you are not using DVS you should probably just use an effect, as mentioned flippin double will do it, but Tex_ZK's Granular will do it better and be adjustable in the loop length and repeat amount.
    Last edited by synthet1c; 01-23-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

That's it, Instand Double is what I want. Where is it in Virtual? Thanks guys.

I have the Denon DN-MC6000 deck.

Quote Originally Posted by djGregFrasier View Post
    That's it, Instand Double is what I want. Where is it in Virtual? Thanks guys.
    What do you mean where is it? you load the same song into two decks and put one a beat ahead of the other.

in that case, I would use a shifted action on the load buttons, that would be mapped as below, to activate the instant doubles you need to press either shift and load on the side you want the double on

device_side "left" ? var "$shift" 1 ? deck right clone_deck left & deck left goto +1 & deck left play : var "$shift" 1 ? deck left clone_deck right & deck right goto +1 & deck right play

If you want to do it on the skin in is in the scratch pannel called 'clone deck' but that won't jump forward
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I'm using the Denon DN-MC6000. I'l play around with mapping tonight, but that's what I want!