Squints' budget setup!
    Tech Convert

Default Squints' budget setup!

What's up everyone, new around here. I recently got into mixing music, and here's my first budget setup.

M-Audio AV40's
    13" i5 Macbook
    Numark Mixtrack Pro
    Sony v700Dj

Any suggestions on any gear I may want to look into/consider?
    Last edited by Squints; 01-23-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Something like an X1 or, if you can wait that long, one of the new Behringer controllers might be worth looking at, for control over effects and cue points.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

id get that monitor off your macbook asap lol check this out http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookarc/ I think it would be a good first addition to your rig and will be a lot kinder on your mbp. At the very least drop it down onto the other shelf..

I think you could also look into getting a Kontrol X1, it will really open up traktor/digital dj'ing for you, assuming you have it, otherwise it will introduce you to traktor with the lite version it comes with. Thats all you should need for a while if your just starting. Spend the rest of your money on some tunes from beatport
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Tech Convert

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely look into a used X1. I realized today that I really dislike the looping and cueing on my MTP. Hopefully I can find a good deal

Tech Mentor

Altoids FTW