Korg Mini-KP 2... will we be fooled again?

Default Korg Mini-KP 2... will we be fooled again?

I say NO WAY! Sure it seems like a nice looking little unit and the price is nice, but I am not in the mood for another round of disappointments. I think quite a few of you suffered with the original Mini-KP but for those who don't know what I'm talking about... Be warned! The Korg Mini-KP had the bad flaw of drastically lowering your output volume. If Korg (who ignored complaints) hasn't fixed this issue for the Mini-KP 2, there is NO REASON to buy it.

Will any of you be giving this a try with no guarantee of a usable output level?
    I'm taking a pass.

http://www.korg.com/minikaosspad2

I wouldnt run my mix though one of those things if you paid me... wtf do we spend big bux on soundcards for only to have them pass though some cheap consumer grade D/A A/D converters for ?

I warned everyone from day one that i was sceptical, but thats hardly any competition for what was the korg koas pad mini hype train... here we go with round 2 though ! Dont say you were not warned !

Thanks for your reply BentoSan. I initially bought the original Mini-KP to get a few certain effects that no DJ software provides (namely multiband effects) It was all downhill though when my music came out like a whisper.

I would never buy one of the full fledged Kaoss Pads due to cost, but I have heard some people say that even some of them have this problem. Do you know if that's true?

Brian

I wouldn't know... i dont use outboard effects i build my own from scratch and/or use VST's/Ableton devices (especially nowadays), if i had a kaos pad it would only get used as a midi controller.

I really dont believe in outboard effects unless they are completely analogue, anything else you can do in higher fidelity onboard with your computer with a bit of elbow grease and some willingness to try new things and learn in the process.

Gotcha. I've been wanting to use something like Virtual Audio Cable so I could run my Traktor output into some multiband VST effects, but I could never get the routings figured out. One thing I have done is to use two soundcards running seperate programs and run the out of Traktor into the other sound card.
    That works ok, but is kind of a pain at the same time.

If your on PC its possible, but its a pain in the ass and its very hit and miss as to what sound cards it will work with - it took me forever to find the right settings when i initially did it on my old pc.

If your on mac there are more choices and is generally is a lot more stable.

toys, even the full sized ones don't sound very good.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 01-24-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    toys, even the full sized ones don't sound very good.
    Thanks for the tip.