AppleScript For Itunes
    Tech Convert

Default AppleScript For Itunes

Hi Everyone, I'm not the worlds best programmer, understand the basic concepts and have done some VBA in the past. Anyway I was hoping to write an applescript to help me organise my playlists in Itunes. There doesnt seem to be one which fits the purpose on dougscripts. Does anyone know where I can go to read up on applescript - specifically related to Itunes - or is a programmer who thinks they can give me some advice.

Iain

What exactly are you trying to do with your playlists? There might be other methods, other than scripts, to fulfill your needs.

Tech Convert

Basically I want the genre of each song to be labelled after the playlist it is in. If it is in more than one playlist the genre will be labelled twice e.g.

Playlist - Dance
    Eric Prydz - Pjanoo

Playlist - House

Eric Prydz Pjanoo - Genre: House Dance

Tech Guru

I think the better will be if you do the inverse...
    Create a Smart Playlist to GENRE LIKE "*Dance*"
    And another for GENRE LIKE "*HOUSE*"
    Everytime you want to add a new track to a Genre Playlist, just type the genre (or genres) of the track at the appropriate field and the track will be added to that genre (or genres) smart playlist.

Smart Playlists are the thing that keeps me away from traktor default track browsing.

Quote Originally Posted by IainMac View Post
    Basically I want the genre of each song to be labelled after the playlist it is in. If it is in more than one playlist the genre will be labelled twice e.g.

Playlist - Dance
    Eric Prydz - Pjanoo

Playlist - House

Eric Prydz Pjanoo - Genre: House Dance
    That is a tough one. I was thinking of an alternate method, but you might need someone to write out a script. Looks like it will be a complex script, at that...