Is it selfish?

Thread: Is it selfish?

Default Is it selfish?

Just read on the NI site that buyers of the Audio Kontrol 1 can now pick a free synth (Massive, FM8, Absynth 4 or Pro-53) along with their purchase.

I bought my AK1 two years ago and have been happy out with it. But damn it if I can't help gnashing my teeth that this offer isn't retrospective at a time when I'm trying to find my production feet on a zero budget.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It's not selfish, but, well, I've seen it when NI has offered up Traktor 3 for free if you buy Traktor Scratch (later making TSP free too)

so yeah, I can understand the frustration.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I'll just keep gnashing then I suppose.... Le Sigh....
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Yeah I missed out on the T-Pro/TSP free upgrade, being that I registered my Traktor Scratch after T-Pro came out. I just sent a email to NI to see If I can get the free upgrade, being that I own Traktor 3/Traktor Scratch & Traktor Pro.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

If theres toilet paper on special that has a couple extra rolls when a couple weeks before when you bought the paper you didnt get your extra 2 roles for free - do you write to the company and ask for your 2 free roles of toilet paper ?

Sure it sucks, but thats just the rules of the jungle - that said if NI did give out these upgrades retroactivly i imagine people would buy more NI hardware as opposed to other brands because they know there is a slight chance that down the track they might pick up some free stuff.

*ouch* BTW i need to goto Target to buy toliet paper, this post made me laugh.

Didnt mean to come across an ass lolz sorry - just trying to give a real world example to put some perspective on it.

i know, i just had to vent to, cuz i need to spend another 399 to get a serial for TSP.

Hmm... do you think NI would take a trade in of 2 rolls of 2-ply toilet paper for a VST synth?

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    Hmm... do you think NI would take a trade in of 2 rolls of 2-ply toilet paper for a VST synth?
    If you give one of the programers laxitives after emptying the NI toilets of its own toilet paper... maybe, its worth a shot.