Traktor Scratch Poor (a.k.a. Ghetto Timecode Control) - Page 3
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Go for them!! I am buying a couple as soon as I wake up tomorrow. If it worked with the cds there should be no problem in working the same way with vinyl... hope so

Tech Mentor

I considered doing something like this as well, but at the time I wanted an Audio8 anyway, so it made sense to spend the extra $100 or so to purchase the full Traktor Scratch kit which came with the Audio8 (academic pricing).

Props on the ingenuity though! We should remind everyone as well that there are other DVS systems out there apart from Serato & Traktor Scratch, like Ms. Pinky!

Mudo

Yesss

Tech Wizard

ive tried something similar with my torq conective and an illegal verison of traktor (just for testing pruposes, ive already delted it again, i stick with torq for now)
    and it didnt work.... i was using my ms pinky and my torq timecodes, because with a friend of mines setup (hes running traktor with audio8) you could spin the timecode backwards, however when i was running it with the conective the timecode didnt repsond at all

Mudo

Did you "agregate device" and test with Traktor timecode vinyls?

Tech Wizard

I'm 99% sure that you're going to need Traktor timecode vinyl to make this work. Most separate brands' timecode vinyl are encoded with different frequencies, if not completely different bit encoding methods.

Tech Wizard

no i did not aggregate the device. the torq conective is already a 4x4 soudncard... thought you only did the aggregate thing because you only had a 2x2 soudncard...

Quote Originally Posted by ctran View Post
    I'm 99% sure that you're going to need Traktor timecode vinyl to make this work. Most separate brands' timecode vinyl are encoded with different frequencies, if not completely different bit encoding methods.
    ill put a +1% on that I cant think of any other timecode thats recorded at the same frequency off the top of my head.

Tech Wizard

the traktor timecode or the serato one etc isnt actually too different. the difference between mspinky and torq and traktor is bacially thet the torq ones run backwards (in order t pickup the signal better) of course you cant use absolute mode without the right timecode but relative usally works with every timecode (except of the fact that the pithc is usally wrong and it might run backwards...) but in my traktor setup it didnt even get a signal at all or sthg...

Tech Wizard

yeah, the aggregate device hackery is only required if you don't have a nice 4x4 soundcard . if you're not running your lines through a mixer or phono preamp (i'm going to update my post soon since i added my vestax mixer to my setup), make sure you boost the phono signal from your decks as much as possible. you should at least be seeing SOMETHING in the timecode setup page, even if it's the wrong signal. assuming that you have traktor scratch pro, of course!

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast