In the market for a new mixer: Xone 92 too outdated?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default In the market for a new mixer: Xone 92 too outdated?

Hey all, just recently migrated from DJForums because its been down forever, really need some solid advice.

I know for a fact this has been discussed before, DJM-800 vs. Xone 92, yada yada, and I'm pretty content with an Xone 92 right now.. but do you guys think its too outdated to invest in at this point?

I outgrew my Denon X-120 a year ago but didn't have the proper funds to get a new mixer, but now I do. I already have Traktor and an Audio 8, so an internal soundcard isn't really necessary, but what do you guys recommend I do? I've got ~$1300 USD I can drop.

Xone 92 will never do a person wrong (so I've read), but is it worth investing in since its what, like 7-10 years old? Proaudiostar.com is selling brand new, with warranty, no tax, free shipping, black, Xone 92s for $1250 USD, and that seems to be one of the lowest I've found for a new one.

Should I just try and find a used one on Craigslist? Most of the ones I've seen posted (rare where I am, Washington D.C.) are $900-1000, or "B-Stock" from vendors for like $1050... and at that rate, why not spend more money, get a warranty, and have it be fresh, amirite?

I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks ahead of time.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Allen and heath are not Pioneer, their gear lasts and they rarely fix things that are not broken.

The '92 is a True club "Standard" mixer at this point and one of their biggest sellers, I genuinely can't see a discontinuation for the next 3-5 years at least, even then it would probably just be an update (color or something).

Either a Xone or Rane would be my choice with that kinda cash to drop I don't think you'll feel let down in 10 years knowing you dropped your cash on it now even if they did release something else.

For the sake of $150 or $200 I'd probably buy new .. just for the "new smell" normally would only buy S/H so thats saying a thing or two.

Tech Convert

Thanks, man. I appreciate the quick response. I think you raise a valid point- that's why I've been toying with the idea of a 92 for quite some time. If you think 3-5 years at least before some significant changes, that'll give me enough time to grow with that mixer, and get more funds before I upgrade to the next thing.

Anybody else want to chime in?

Get a 92 unless you want to spend $1000 more for a DB4.

XONE:92 is a safe bet, rock solid, sounds really good, build quality is really fine.

6 stereo line input on hand all the time. Should you don't need the phono preamp, you can remove some jumper inside and get extra Line input instead.

Enough I/O to cover "all" crazy DJ setup possibilitie, from the simple to the most advanced one.

Not sure why I haven't got one before... just can't live without right now.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Sometimes I regret selling my 92 but it was replaced with a DB4 so...
    As for longevity I wouldn't worry as others have already stated given the 92's sound and build quality. It's destined for hall of fame status and would be a collector's item in the years to come in terms of its "signature" sound.

It's a Xone man. A tank. With dual VCFs (squeeeee), 4 band eq and all the lines/phonos/sends/returns you could need. Go for it.

Outdated? Hells no. Apart from the 4-band EQ (which I just couldn't get used to), the Xone:92 is probably the best mixer I've ever used, it sounds great, it's built like a tank, everything is just "right" (except possibly for the logarithmic channel fader curves), and those filters... *drool*
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

It still is one of the great analogue mixers out there.

Crossfader is shit though (if you want to scratch)

Rest of it seems solidly built enough, but at the bars I play where these are the house standard I take my own mixer, or use my VCI (with a Pro-X-Fade) as a midi mixer
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast