My tracks wont play in Torq LE
    Tech Wizard

Default My tracks wont play in Torq LE

Hey guys,

So I just got my USB soundcard set up for mixing on my laptop, assigned the controls to my x session pro but have now encountered a problem with my mixing software. Torq LE won't play any of my tracks!

The play buttons light up on the screen but they won't play anything. And the big waveforms in the middle of the screen are not working...its as if they are locked. Every time I click into the waveform it just turns red. If I click the small waveforms to the left and right of the screen (under the track info for each deck), I can move to any part of the track, but I still can't play any part of the track.

I tried the demo version of Traktor too and I'm having the same problem with that - the tracks won't play

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks

Tech Wizard

you are having problems with your usb soundcard then. check the settings of torq, if the driver is installed correctly, if another program may be using the software when you start torq. does asio work?

Tech Wizard

Thanks a lot jinx.

I'm uninstalling the driver now - its from http://www.esi-audiotechnik.com/down...USB-v2_817.zip

Should I reinstall this driver along with another one for the ASIO?

Tech Wizard

I reinstalled the driver and its working fine now

Thanks a lot for your help Jinx. I need a mix after that!

Tech Wizard

So the soundcard issue for Torq/Traktor seems to be fixed now, but none of my music will play outside of those two programs haha

"Control Panel --- Sound and Audio Devices" is not showing the Maya44 USBAudio ASIO Driver. It's just showing
    • Audio Device on USB Bus
    • Sigma Tel C-Major Audio

Earlier, when Torq wasn't working with the Maya, the control panel showed:
    • Maya44 USB
    • Sigma Tel C-Major Audio

Back then the sound was working fine through either of these and playing music via Media/Real Player, etc. At least I can mix now, but I can't listen to anything ouside of Torq/Traktor.

Yes, this is wrecking my head
    Last edited by eiretech; 04-09-2009 at 10:40 PM.