Traktor BPM Assistence

Default Traktor BPM Assistence

Ello, I have a simple problem with Traktor. Whenever i load a song in deck A or B it takes a second or two to process the BPM, no problamo there. Its just about 75% of my library doesnt have a BPM even after ive used the song alot and figured it would have saved like a good bit of them have. I know it sounds super noob, and ive been dealing with it by kinda memorizing the bpm some of the tracks i really use, but it would be nice to have the bpm for all the songs in my Library, how do i go about analyzing them so it will stay?

Tech Mentor

I thought the BPM info is written into the tag, so unless you have a bunch of duplicates, the BPM should stay once you've analyzed the track?

Lock the bpm under the grid option.

I dont have any duplicates and there are a ton of songs ive loaded up more times than i can count and they still say 0 till i load it to a deck. Ill try locking it when i get home, but is there anyway to analyze a mass of tracks at once or a program that does so efficiently?

Tech Mentor

You can select any number of tracks or a playlist or even the entire track collection and select "analyze" from the context menu. (Mac: ctrl+click Win:right click)

Exactly what DJ MiCL said. I'm assuming you have a PC. Right click on the Track Collection folder and click Analyze.

I would do this overnight. Start it and it should be ready by the time you wake up. Load the songs, adjust the grids as needed and lock the suckers up.

Tech Guru

Hey OP, your files aren't set as READ ONLY are they?

Traktor will often not save/show the BPM in the info if you access the file through iTunes in the file tree. If you access it from your track collection, it will have the info after you analyze it once.