beatmatching 33rpm vsv 45rpm record
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default beatmatching 33rpm vsv 45rpm record

need some help/ideas/opinions on beatmatching a 33rpm record and a 45rpm record.

thank you
    2x numark TT's, djm350, and vinyls/records and that's all i use man.

Tech Guru

typically if you're mixing between 33/45 there will be a big tempo swing, so beat matching may not be an option. I would just use a brake or some scratching between the two. I've also use the platter to speed up the slower song but that takes practice and luck to keep it on beat.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

I dont see a problem, I match them all day.......unless for example one record is 127bpm and the other 140bpm.........then thats different.

The speed of the record has nothing to do with the BPM, so beatmatching works the same as it would for two 33 RPM records. The feel is a little different because one is spinning faster but it shouldn't be a problem beatmatching.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

great, 3 posts, and no one gave any advice on where i should be placing the pitchfader of the 33rpm to match the 45rpm speed. or how much to slow down the 45rpm record to match the 33rpm.

the question wasnt, if its possible to beatmatch them, FML
    2x numark TT's, djm350, and vinyls/records and that's all i use man.

Tech Guru

You're welcome. How's about we use some common sense. First, buy some turntables. Then buy some records. Put them on the turntables and begin to play.

Here's where common sense comes in. If the rocord playing at 33 1/3 is slower than the record playing at 45, you should SPEED IT UP. If the record playing at 33 1/3 is playing faster than the one playing at 45, SLOW IT DOWN.

Just so you are clear, with most turntables, lower the pitch by sliding the pitch control towards the tone arm. You will know you are doing it right when the record slows down.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Guru

this can't be serious can it?

Tech Wizard

Wtf is going on here? I guess i don't get what your asking, i thought it was pretty straight forward.
    Last edited by Connekted; 01-26-2012 at 10:19 PM.

According to your sig, all you use is vinyl and you still dont know?

I've been doing it wrong all this time... I thought records are pressed at two different speeds to have a more detailed sound, and more room for error when beatmatching when pressed at 45rpm, or to fit more on a record when pressed at 33rpm.

how wrong I must have been LOL
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast