VDJ on a Mac...problem

Default VDJ on a Mac...problem

I posted this to a few other DJ sites, but need a bit more help...

I have VDJ up and running on my new MacBook Pro (2.4ghz)...using a Numark DJ I/O and an external hard drive (USB)...and it's working fine. Except for the fact that when I drop a track onto one of the decks, it takes about 4 to 5 seconds for it to load...the music keeps playing, but it lags before it loads.

Does anyone know of any settings that I need to adjust or change in order to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by mxd208 View Post
    I posted this to a few other DJ sites, but need a bit more help...

I have VDJ up and running on my new MacBook Pro (2.4ghz)...using a Numark DJ I/O and an external hard drive (USB)...and it's working fine. Except for the fact that when I drop a track onto one of the decks, it takes about 4 to 5 seconds for it to load...the music keeps playing, but it lags before it loads.

Does anyone know of any settings that I need to adjust or change in order to fix this?
    OK, so I solved this issue...but, now...searching itself is taking longer than it should. On the PC, searching is about instant...on the Mac, it takes 3-4 seconds for the screen to respond when I type...music continues to play, but response is slow. I'm running the same hard drive for both PC and Mac (320gb external with 50k of songs)

Thoughts?