Tempo/Beat sync issues in Traktor PRO II
    Tech Convert

Default Tempo/Beat sync issues in Traktor PRO II

Ever since I upgraded to Traktor PRO 2 from Traktor PRO I've been having issues with the sync button. Any Help would be appreciated.

I like to use the sync button to tempo match while I manually phase match as the auto beatgrid has a really hard time with DnB. On the old version I used to double tap the sync button as soon as the track was loaded. Now it reverts the tempo to default.

Ok, so then I trying having it with sync, in tempo/sync mode, but no matter what I try, as soon as the button is pressed, it phase matches for me. Quantize and snap seemingly have no effect (I prefer them off).

Searching the forums returns plenty of threads discussing philosophical the pros and cons of of the button with little giving any technical insight into the thing.

Is there any way I can have way to perform the arduous task of tempo matching while allowing me complete control over phase?

On a related note, When scratching/backspinning on my MIDI controller (A RELOOP 2 controller edition) on PRO with the wheels in scratch mode flicking the jog wheel did a classic backspin/wind-up, in 2, as soon as my hand leaves the controller, it snaps back to normal playing mode. Any resolution to this?

Tech Mentor

The double tap method still works...but the track has to be playing for the tempo to stay at the synced tempo. If the track is not playing it will revert back to the original tempo. What i often do, which works for me since i like to cue juggle a bit is to load my track and press play right away hit sync 2x and then they are now phrase/tempo matched. I then just slide use my jogs to set the song where i want it to using cue points etc.

As well within TP2 there are options in the settings to change from beat sync to tempo sync...try playing with those and see if anything works.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the insight, I'll keep it mind. It's not the best solution to me because its a sequence of buttons for what really should just one button push, I'm not trying to play street fighter, I'm just trying to quickly manage tempo.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dj brainrush View Post
    Is there any way I can have way to perform the arduous task of tempo matching while allowing me complete control over phase?
    Yes. In your preferences / transport section, select Tempo Sync -which will sync tracks tempo wise, but will NOT match phrases.

Tech Convert

I've tried that, doesn't seem to make a difference

It's the new way sync works. I agree I prefer the old way.

You have to play the track hit sync then turn sync off.

What I've done now is mapped "move grid" buttons so that acts like shifting the phase as the track is playing. It also doubles as gridding the tracks correctly which helps for next time.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

well darn. When I'm not performing I do sometimes re-grid it correctly, but when I'm performing, (I have a radio show on a college station) I sometimes want to just throw in a sweet drum loop, or a 30 second break, what I've ended up doing is using the pitch faders and getting it pretty close as fast as i can and then if anything happens with the tempo, I use the phase adjust to compensate, it's not pretty, but it works. Oh well.