CDJ's....What should i do? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamC View Post
    I thought that there were serious problems using CDJs as controllers with traktor and aggregating the sound cards (poor response or something). Surely if this was a good option it would be great to be able to use them in the club like that - although I know there is the issue of Traktor crashing when you unplug one of the CDJs used as a soundcard..
    Ya i mean if i unplug one of the cdjs then traktor will crash...but why would i unplug my cdj during a set?
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

response time is fine. Its as good as using a controller like the s4.

If clubs had cdj 400 I would love to use them in that mode, thing is clubs rarely have 400s in the booth. At least from what I have seen...

As for traktor crashing I've never tried unplugging it while its running so I would know if that was an issue, but the only reason one would unplug is to switch out djs into other software soundcards.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    Im assuming that you are talking response time for HID mode??
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

yeah. Its pretty spot on in my opinion.

Tech Mentor

yeah. Its pretty spot on in my opinion.

No question....kinda my worry here about switching. As much as i want a higher quality setup, the main reason i use my cdjs with traktor is to make song selection easier along with general workflow...

And like i said...all of my cueing is done with my x1 for the most part...Using time codes wont cause my x1 to have any delays in traktor scratch right??? I cant imagine that being an issue....

Tech Mentor

If clubs had cdj 400 I would love to use them in that mode, thing is clubs rarely have 400s in the booth. At least from what I have seen...

As for traktor crashing I've never tried unplugging it while its running so I would know if that was an issue, but the only reason one would unplug is to switch out djs into other software soundcards.
    I believe going from HID mode on the CDJ back to USB or CD mode crashes it .. so you're pretty much screwed if you're not the last person on in the club, or I guess if the next person is using DVS or a controller. When I found out about the HID capabilities of CDJs I was amazed that nobody ever just rolls up with a laptop with traktor - but it seems like this crashing issue prevents it from gaining popularity.. maybe I'm wrong. I heard something else about Traktor not supporting the high-res HID or something which creates problems with cueing or something?

Tech Mentor

Alright so tell me what you guys think. I found a guy trying to sell a cdj-2000. When i asked why he was selling only 1, he said he has a 2nd one but the cd player was skipping a little so he was gonna hang onto it and get it fixed probably. The other one is near perfect condition and works perfect...

I offered $1900 cash total for the both. Im sure he will laugh at me but what should be my top dollar... I will prolly get try and get pioneer to replace the broken one but even still, i will most likely be using it in HID mode anyways... What should be my highest? If he accepts the $1900 i will cream in my pants....Just sayin.... Let me know what you guys think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12