Timecode stops responding with TSP2 - Anyone had similar problems?
    Tech Convert

Default Timecode stops responding with TSP2 - Anyone had similar problems?

Wasn't sure if i've posted this in the right section :S but basically I've been having a bit of a problem with TSP2 when using timecode CDS (MK1) with CDJs at gigs and yeh hopefully someone can help?

My setup:
    Macbook Pro 2.3 GHz Core i5
    Audio 10
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.2

Problem:
    Scratch deck randomly stops responding to the timecode CD, playhead will move but the waveform is stuck. It varies as to which deck 'freezes'.

I can't switch to internal playback either or between absolute and relative modes. I use relative mode and the icon will flash.

Forces me to use one of my other (internal) decks after which I can use the timecode deck again.

What I've tried so far:
    Wiped out my macbook and reinstalled Traktor completely.
    Tried different cables.
    Burnt new timecode CDs.
    Recalibrate the timecode.
    Start the timecode track again.

Anyone experienced similar problems/able to help?? There doesn't seem to be a trigger but it happens once/twice at each gig.

Tech Wizard

That's pretty odd. This might be a long shot but maybe the audio 10 is jacked somehow. You could try playing a normal cd thru the soundcard and listen to see if the audio ever drops out. If it does it's either the audio 10 or your cdj's. To test the latter, remove the audio 10 from the chain.

Tech Convert

Thing is it seems to work fine with the timecode vinyl and vinyl running through the thru as well do you think its worth buying MK2 timecodes to see if that fixes the problem? This problem happens at various venues, i have technics at home but tend to gig on CDJs. During a 5 hour set it'd happen once or twice randomly and i can't seem to recreate it but it will fix itself when i mix in a track on on of my internal decks (C/D my A/B decks are my scratch/timecode decks) and after that the frozen deck is usable again :S

Tech Wizard

Hmm. So it only happens with cdj's at a few particular venues? Any chance the cdj's are in or getting switched to hid/midi mode and that is conflicting with tc control? I don't know much about hid/midi control with cdj's so don't know if that explains the problem nor why playing a track on a different deck remedies it.

Tech Convert

Nope it happens at every gig i use CDJs at for some reason :S but it does tend to happen after like 2 hours, for gigs when i'm only dropping a 1-2 hour set i haven't had any problems it's only longer sets that cause the problem, its not a huge deal but its annoying. Usually its when i've mixed out of the deck and loaded in a new song then when i press play on the cdj it stops responding

Default Traktor Pro stops responding to mk2 during set.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyellowing View Post
    Nope it happens at every gig i use CDJs at for some reason :S but it does tend to happen after like 2 hours, for gigs when i'm only dropping a 1-2 hour set i haven't had any problems it's only longer sets that cause the problem, its not a huge deal but its annoying. Usually its when i've mixed out of the deck and loaded in a new song then when i press play on the cdj it stops responding
    Samsung Rv511 , windows 7 , intel i3 , 8gb ram , traktor duo and traktor pro . pioneer cdj 350 kit.
    i was using the old timecode cd's but started having problems when i upgrade to traktor pro 2 with the new mk2 timecode cd's.
    i have no problems with vinyl mk2.
    2.1.1 with old timecode was working perfect but ever since i changed over boom glitches N.I Style.lol

This isn’t limited to CDJ’s either. The exact same thing happens to me with an Audio 8, 1210’s and MK1 control vinyl pretty much once every set. Glad to see I’m not the only one having this problem. And alas no, I haven’t figured it out yet. I pretty much have to set to internal mode, then back again.

Although curiously, Absolute mode works fine, I only get this in Relative.
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/