The Ultimate Music Production Tool - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The reason I prefer using something like touchable or griid is you don't have to look back and forth at the screen, the clip colors and text show up right on the ipad and you can instantly see where in the clip you are and when it is about to loop.

The apc40 is good at what it does but I still prefer touchable and in many ways it is much more useful. Having an instrument rack with touch controls that you can set so they snap back into place is awesome for live use and experimenting. Plus having a touch screen EQ 8 module is pretty cool where you can't use it on an apc40 with knobs.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 01-29-2012 at 04:34 PM.

I dig seeing the clip text, but I'm colourblind

launch pads are pretty sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Good Samaritan View Post
    Thanks Xone. I had no idea you could buy refurbished stuff from apple
    I bought my macbook pro that way.

Usually refurbed stuff goes through pretty rigorous testing, more so then normal stock as it has to be ensured to work well. Plus I still get the same 1 year warranty.

There's nothing I spent less than $400 on that I couldn't replace with something better. If I had a Mackie Big Knob, I'd feel otherwise…except that I'd probably upgrade eventually to something that could be put in a rack.

Tech Guru

So for these ableton apps for ipad is there any noticable difference between ipad 1 and ipad 2? I feel like I could find a nice condition original ipad for less than 250 which may be a good reason to get one....I think an ipad with my maschine APC20 and 25 key keyboard would solve about all my needs for production and live performance...

Then just DVS down the road

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    So for these ableton apps for ipad is there any noticable difference between ipad 1 and ipad 2? I feel like I could find a nice condition original ipad for less than 250 which may be a good reason to get one....I think an ipad with my maschine APC20 and 25 key keyboard would solve about all my needs for production and live performance...

Then just DVS down the road
    I haven't noticed any issues running touchable on my ipad 1- you would notice a difference running other apps or web browsing but for touchable it's fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123