Rotary knob upgrade on X-Session pro?
    Tech Convert

Default Rotary knob upgrade on X-Session pro?

I can't stand how cheap the rotary knobs feel on my X-Session Pro. Has anyone tried upgrading them with more substantial pieces? Perhaps an OEM knob from a Bozak/Urei/Rane? The resistance is fine, it's just the plasticyness that bothers me since I use them exclusively to mix instead of the faders. (Die, faders, die!)
    Last edited by lackner; 06-17-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lackner View Post
    I can't stand how cheap the rotary knobs feel on my X-Session Pro. Has anyone tried upgrading them with more substantial pieces? Perhaps an OEM knob from a Bozak/Urei/Rane? The resistance is fine, it's just the plasticyness that bothers me since I use them exclusively to mix instead of the faders. (Die, faders, die!)
    Plenty to choose from here:

http://www.banzaieffects.com/Neutrik...-pr-18777.html
    http://www.mouser.com/rean/

The cool plastic knobs come from a maker called Re'An, and this site has many more. They even have chunky Deaths Head and Celtic Knot designs, should you feel the need (please don't).

You'll have to disassemble one of the X-Session Pro knobs to find out whether the POT shaft is a "full shaft" (it's a circular column), "split shaft" (a circular column with a channel down in the middle) or "D shaft" (circular column with one of the sides flattened into a "D" shape). Most likely they are D-shaft as that's the most popular kind. Measure the length and diameter of the shaft, match the specs to a knob description remembering that screw-fix knobs can fit either full-shaft or D-shaft POTs whereas "push-fit" knobs have to match dimensions precisely, and fire up the credit card.
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 06-17-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Tech Guru

Cheers for that my large green citrus-y brother!

I also have the same issue and was wanting to upgrade. No idea how easy they will be to do so tho, as I dont think they like to come apart!

Also prob replace the faders as they suffer the same issue... Prob just upgrade to a Xone4D eventually tho so perhaps I'll just do the pots for now.

Go midian, finally decided to open up the ol' XSP?

Well... I might even consider upgrading my BCR for that matter.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

never mind, can't find any that is fitted with LEDs
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --