MPC Fly

Thread: MPC Fly

Default MPC Fly

Am I the only one who will admit to wanting one of these? It would at least breathe new life into one's iPad.
    http://www.akaiprompc.com/mpcfly.php

Displaying the pads on the screen makes it look like a fail of epic proportions.
    It 's probably not bad but also not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Displaying the pads on the screen makes it look like a fail of epic proportions.
    It 's probably not bad but also not cheap.
    agreed. They could have used that screen restate much better.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    ...It would at least breathe new life into one's iPad.
    Lemur for iPad already did that for a lot of us
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Yeah the MPC displayed on screen does seem like a waste of... erm... screen, but remember it's an Ipad app first and the app's job is to imitate an MPC 2000. That alone tells me this app is firstly geared towards nostalgic ex or current 2000 owner's. Besides it's software anyway, I'm sure there's different view options for different features.

On the hardware side of things I'm 100% sold and I'm not even and Ipad owner. But I am a keen finger drummer and the MPC Fly is a serious travel solution. The fact it doubles up as a sturdy case or stand really appeals to me, and it has built in battery, hence I think the price is very reasonable.

Plus Akai (or Numark) also did the right thing enabling it to control any IOS midi app.

i would just use TouchOSC, that way you can be more flexible with your setup.

akai's app and hardware seems to make it all gimmicky. and folded out, its small laptop size which kinda defeats the purpose for the ipad in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cerna View Post
    akai's app and hardware seems to make it all gimmicky. and folded out, its small laptop size which kinda defeats the purpose for the ipad in the first place.
    I really must disagree with the idea that its size folded out could count against it. It can be carried around like any other iPad case (remember, one that has an MPC in it). I honestly wouldn't care if it were bigger on the inside like the TARDIS or inflated into a giant Akai Pro studio like some sort of bouncy castle from audio heaven if it's portable closed up.

Double Dutch: I'm really glad to see someone who's exited about this hardware!