Who uses mixlr/what's your setup?
    Tech Guru

Default Who uses mixlr/what's your setup?

Just wondering how you those of you who use mixlr have it setup.
    Sound flower is out of the question fore cause I use timecode.

i used my mic input on my mac. I go from record out on my mixer to the mic input. Thats pretty much it.

I have 2 computers. running Traktor on my Macbook with line out from my controller that is connected to a firewire soundcard that is connected to my iMac that I have mixlr running on
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

anybody else having the problem that mixlr only saves 45 minutes of a mix even if you broadcast longer?

and to answer the original question, I have the soundcard of my mixer (DB4) feeding directly to mixlr. If I was using timecode I would plug the DB4 into another computer and broadcast from there.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I did two hours the other night, but didn't check it after. I'll be right back....

EDIT: It saved my full 2 hours.
    Last edited by photojojo; 02-28-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

My DDM has a second output which I loop back into my Audio 8 and then I use that for a signal into mixlr / Ableton / whatever. It means that I get all the Traktor effects / sample decks / mixer effects and my two tracks and still allows me to monitor as usual. Kind of like using the second output as a master buss really.
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

Tech Guru

Right now I use my macbook mic input because my interface doesnt have inputs
    But when I buy the echo audiofire4 I will do much like Lineypirate does when mixing externally