Let's talk USB hubs
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Let's talk USB hubs

I have a shit laptop to get that out of the way.

I have 2 working USB ports on my laptop, but I want to use about 5. I figure "hey, that's what a USB hub is for!" and get one. Not so. Running 2xDenon SC2000 + Hercules RMX, the power flickers on and off intermittently. I bought another that was beefier, from one of the reputable brands which I forget now. The same issue happened there. So I went online and found one on amazon which had a ton of great reviews, but it seems none of them tested it with DJ gear because even that one fails me.

So I come to you folks. Can somebody point me in the direction of something which can power/provide plugs for all of the following:

2 x SC2000
    2 x Audio 2 soundcard
    1 x NOX606 or similar (no power needed but return channel for recording mixes)
    maybe lpd8 or something

You have to have used it yourself, please. I've gotten too many throwaway "yeah this should work" recommendations to find it wasn't so.

Thanks in advance for any input

I have two different belkin powered hubs which work perfectly

I have this one. Works fine for me.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KUQ8FG/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_2"]Amazon.com: 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub, Black: Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31DSJM%2Bu6bL.@@AMEPARAM@@31DSJM%2Bu6bL[/ame]

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The one you bought was powered right ?

You might just need to change the power adaptor to a higher MA, I've seen some hubs ship with 1MA adaptors which probably would not provide enough power for that many devices (Hercules RMX was pulling 300MA alone).

Also found some hubs would crap out on USB2.0 mode and only provide USB1.1 when I added more devices.

Now i'm using a piece of crap hub that someone left behind in my old apt for the past 3+ years (it was already pretty beat up when i found it) it's currently got an unpowered 8ch sound card, APC40, Mouse plugged in and charging my Iphone :P - all unpowered too! :-O

Brand Name isn't everything :P

whatever you get make sure it's powered. Also, it's not recommended to plug audio interfaces into hubs, especially 2 of them.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Also found some hubs would crap out on USB2.0 mode and only provide USB1.1 when I added more devices.
    That's where multi-TT comes in, which is a rare but precious feature. Most hubs will only run at 1.1 speeds on all devices if any one of them is a 1.1 device.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I have no choice for the soundcards, I only have 2 USB ports on my laptop so I have to run them from a hub. I haven't bought them yet but the intention is to have 4 channels running to a 4-channel analog mixer.

Every hub since the first one have been powered.

I'll take a look at a multi-tt device from the thread and see if that resolves my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dmsuperman View Post
    I have no choice for the soundcards, I only have 2 USB ports on my laptop so I have to run them from a hub. I haven't bought them yet but the intention is to have 4 channels running to a 4-channel analog mixer.
    Sell them and get a single 4+ channel sound-card like Audio 4/6/8/10
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I'm sorry dude but running 2 x Audio 2 soundcards off 2 powered hubs is simply asking for problems.

Am i missing something with your setup requirements cus it dont make sense to me.

If im missing something then please let me know?

Get a decent 4 channel soundcard and dont scrimp on money buying 2 soundcards that will just end up causing you to spend even more money down the line.

btw - D-Link 4-Port Hub DUB-H4

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast