Hercules MK2 - Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hercules MK2 - Traktor Pro

Hi all, I have just recently configued the hercules mk2 dj console to work in Traktor Scratch Pro and i am happy to say it works very well. All buttons function correctly, lights working and cue headphone monitoring.

On an even happier note its quite easy to configure the whole device to pretty much any function in Traktor.... very nice.

Tech Convert

Mind helping me out, I can't get some of the lights to work properly with my MK2. I've been trying to map it, but no luck getting some of the lights to work, especially the fx/cue/loop lights.

**EDIT** Actually the new update fixes the LED bug problem (finally).
    Last edited by djdd; 05-28-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Yeah... i have the hercules dj console mk2 fully remapped just for effects and its ease of scrolling abillity through tracks...latency is pretty tight running asio buffer at 768 - 16ms @ 48000hz split over two channels into a 3 channel mixer.

check out the hercules lighter - its a small app to install to run the lights on your device. search google or check this link bellow

http://filedl.com/overview/543-Hercules-Lighter.html

Also i there is a TraktorTools.1.zip file kicking around on here someplace also its very good for merging tsi files if you have some effects presets from one device and want to merge them with the mk2 map. I found a few small issues if you cant seem to get the files to merge try in reverse the order

ps / aside from the mk2 - the korg nano pad works great for punching loops and and cues points out... the xy pad is quite handy also...

Just getting Win 7 running stable, at the moment with new drivers and so on its seems pretty nice both on the pc and on the laptop... as i would like to start thinking about touch screen... just a pain its not pressure responsive.

Tech Student

Can I possibly get hold of your .tsi file for Hercules Mk2 and Traktor Scratch Pro?

I find the one bundled with the software not optimal.

Regards,
    Björn

Default Hercules MK2 Map

Quote Originally Posted by mrdelta View Post
    Can I possibly get hold of your .tsi file for Hercules Mk2 and Traktor Scratch Pro?

I find the one bundled with the software not optimal.

Regards,
    Björn
    Hi, yes i could post up the tsi file but i have changed it now since this last post, i am currently using the TSP 1.2

My setup is for an external mixer and a korg nano for cues and loops.

I have attached the map layout of the Hercules MK2 if you want i can post the .tsi

*the effects unit 2 buttons are the sames as effects unit 1 small error in my image, on/off in chained and reset - select 1 select 2 in advanced

regards
    dean
    Last edited by dean; 10-13-2009 at 03:23 AM.
    you cant beat a better bit of butter on your knife!

Tech Student

I'm also using TSP v 1.2, so no problem there.

But I dont have an external mixer or anything, just the mk2 midi controller.
    You dont have the old tsi file with just hercules mk2 controlling the decks and the internal mixer?

If not I will have to read the manual a bit and just change the default mapping tsi a bit to my own needs.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Björn

Sorry no i don't have the old tsi...

Default Hercules MK2 still going strong

Thought i would add to the old thread. After the recent purchase of a new laptop i had to test out the old Hercules MK2 to see if it was still up to scratch. I am happy to report that i am currently getting better latency and timings than any sound card i have seen on the market to date.

My system is currently running at 1ms Latency - 48000Hz @24bit. I have the ability to run 4 decks simultaneously with effects and key lock, it runs without any problems, such as audio drop outs, pops or distortion. Really amazing!

My system is a toshiba satellite L500 22R, Hercules MK2 and a M-Audio XSession pro. I am running new installation of windows 7 Ultimate on a separate partition with only the chipset, graphics and Hercules (2010) audio drivers installed. The only software installed is Traktor Scratch Pro.

One thing i have noticed is that, there seems to be better performance from the new laptop via one of the USB ports the system has, its a eSATA/USB 2.0 i think that is provides better performance than a standard usb port.

Well there you go, i have had the hercules mk2 for around 3 years now and it gets better every year, in part due to the new laptop and perhaps the ongoing updated drivers from hercules.

Thumbs up from me

Tech Convert

This thread seems to be quite dead, i don't know if there still is anyone out there who is using the not so awesome controller Hercules mk2.

Anyway, in true nerd style i tried to get as much functionality out of a limited controller as possible. Actually i think i pulled it off pretty good. Except some minor bugs and midi map commands i couldn't get around.

anyway, im interested in what everyone else has gotten out of it. share your tsi files!

mine has the ability to control the effect rack nr2 with the eq knobs when the led lights are on "effect". filter for each deck is on the hi eq knob.

the nudge +- on each deck controls the length of the loop when in loop mode.

i think thats about it. i do cue points with a nanopad, so there isn't any advanced functions on the hercules that has anything to do with that.

if there is interest, i'll upload it.

give feedback and again, show me what you have come up with.

Default Not so dead

As commented in my previous post the drivers and latency for this so called "toy" just get better.

Attached is my tsi.

functions:
    Left Side always controls Deck A,
    Treb - Mid - Bass knobs / 3 effects parameters
    Volume fader / wet/dry
    Rotary at the top / loop length
    Buttons 123 / the effect states
    Triangular button next to 123 / effects advanced/chained
    Triangular button next to centre knob / loads Deck A
    The centre knob up/down scrolls tracks - left/right scrolls folders
    Quarter circle button / Selects Master Deck
    +/- buttons / loop in and loop out
    2 arrow buttons / effects 1 and effects 2 on/off
    cue/play play/pause as standard
    Jogs work the same but with some small adjustments

All the buttons on the right side work the same as the left but i use another controller that selects between the decks, so that the right side always controls what deck is in focus/device target. Also i use the other controller for volume eq's etc...

As i use 2 controllers the hercules serves as my sound card and the above mentioned the rest is done on another controller, you will need to edit the tsi and the device target to deck B, or what ever else you desire..

Oh yeah, all the lights are working along side the correct buttons

Might be worth a try i find this works well for me..
    Last edited by dean; 10-07-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast