Does SSL still not like wav files?

Default Does SSL still not like wav files?

After switching back to SSL, I had an interesting flashback. Several years ago, when I went to SSL, I already had most of my digital files as wavs because Live didn't support mp3s at the time. When I used them in SSL, I had some weird issues that sounded like crosstalk b/t mixer channels. Switching to mp3s solved the problem.

I'm getting the same kind of issues now, again using wav files.

I'm on my way to GC to pick up a cable tester that can generate tones to make sure it's not my mixer actually being broken. And I plan on testing it with mp3s just to see if that solves it again.

But I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this Problem (nem0nic pointed it out last time, back in like '05).

I can switch to TSP for about 0 cost, but I very muh prefer SSL's GUI and would rather not have to choose between the interface I like and a file format that doesn't sound like trash.

It isn't possible that my computer/drive isn't fast enough, the problem is with SSL. And google didn't help.

Any thoughts?

I have no problem using wav's in SSL (latest / SL-1 box). Was scratching a battle tool wav I made last night in fact.

Many times I'll bounce down a new track to wav and test run it with no issues. Wish I could help, but just wanted to relay that wav's 'should' work just fine

wavs are a okay.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Yeah…I figured that out. My mixer failed my test, so I guess I get to get a replacement. Yay buying new for a change?

@mostapha

I have a vmc-004 as well. Is the xfader bleeding?

It's not bleeding. I thought it was because some of the "off" channel came though because of the normal causes of channel/fader bleed. Then I tried a test tone instead of hearing things while I was spinning.

Apparently, someone tried to mod the crossfader to get a sharper cut-in. I've done that mod before, but when I did it, I didn't fuck up so badly that channels only close intermittently.

It takes a lot of pressure pushing the CF to a side to shut the channel off…unless you get lucky.

And I supposedly bought it new from a local shop. When I get some time (read: tuesday), I'm going to go by and talk to them about it. I'm betting someone bought it, did the mod, realized they did a piss poor job of it, and returned it. If that's what happened (and the shop didn't know) I feel bad for them. But, that doesn't mean I should pay the new price for a mixer that's obviously not new. It's not even like it's an expensive mixer, but still disconcerting.

You gonna get the same mixer again or you got your eye on something else?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox