kontrol s2 vs reloop terminal mix 4
    Tech Convert

Default kontrol s2 vs reloop terminal mix 4

ok so i need to replace my shitty mixtrack pro, i meen shitty, the faders feel like crap and everything else does. i am curretnly using a numark mixtrack pro and a midi fighter pro (to see any of mixes go to youtube and type "midi fighter pro beatmasher mix" you will no its me a amature dj. so more to the point what new midi controller do i get, i love traktor and i am very intrested in the new kontrol f1! so please help.......

Music style?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Apparently a member on the forums claim a major price job is on the way for the S2...talkin like $350 US for an S2 new...Dont know how reliable the source is but the claim is for the price drop to come in the next like 2-3 weeks.
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

Tech Convert

i mix electro and i dont dj allott but want to get into djing allott, pluss if that happens i will be buying a kontrol s2 and a kontrol f1 however do you no if the uk will have a taste of that price dropp?

FYI:
    kontrol s2 is on sale at Moog Audio in Montreal Canada for $439!!!!!!!!!
    moog is a super reputable dealer in Canada.

Tech Convert

so now the s2 is on sale i think i am going get get that but the thing is i really like the look of the terminal mix 4.... any thoughts need to know asap!

Tech Mentor

i mean ur talkin 4 deck control vs 2 deck control.....do you even use 4 decks? I think the s2 at $399 + all the freebies on DJTT store is a ridiculous deal....also the s2 is pretty damn easy to just plug n play with traktor. I think the s2 is too good to pass up right now. Im contemplating getting one just to travel with....
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

A long time ago I bought a Digital Jockey Interface addition. After about a year of very light use I found I really had to hit the buttons hard to ensure they make contact. After about another month all the channel-B EQ knobs started playing up, like they got 'rapid carbon fatigue' or something, since just touching the knobs made it jump all over the place in Traktor. Pots are not suppose to wear out that fast, especially not from light use (as in once or twice a month for a couple of hours). Sometimes I would slowly cut in the bass/mid/treble, but in Traktor it would erratically jump backwards. I was gonna repair it, but after reading about so many people having the same problems, and the cost of shipping and/or new parts far outweighing the cost of the shitty product, I placed it on the bookshelf for a silent death. It's been eating dust eversince - recently I even started using the platters as rotatable coasters, while I jam some tunes on my home rig. Finally I feel I'm getting some quality from the unit!
    92/2D/X1/KRK/Traktor (Toshiba Satellite M50 / PSM51L)
    Progressive Psychedelic