We need to help ellaskins! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Calm down guys, again I'm not saying it doesn't blow, I'm just saying it's really unprofessional to say that he needs money for his show when really he needs money for a private and personal matter. I have no issues with him asking for that but that the way it has been put together it sounds like he is asking for the show to be saved, not his current living conditions.

On another note- I don't understand the legal system at all when it comes to break ups. How does someone get to cheat and then is allowed half the house and gets the kids? That's just plain wrong.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

He probably couldn't take individual donations from people due to the possibility that his soon to be ex would be entitled to half of anything you give until the divorce is final. Shitty situation that I hope to never experience.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Again, he doesn't need the money "for" the show, he needs it to avoid the last bit of shit storm that will make him hit true rock bottom, hence leaving him without the will power to keep making the tutorials. Btw, he makes free tutorials so there is no point really in judging how professional he is. He posted this video as a regular joe going through very rough times.
    Last edited by padi_04; 02-01-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I don't understand the legal system at all when it comes to break ups.
    People in marriage have a (financial) duty of care towards each other until such time as a marriage is dissolved. Unreasonable behaviour is grounds for divorce but it does not absolve both parties of this responsibility until that point. Ultimately a court can decide who gets custody of children.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 02-01-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

As I mentioned its quite possible that there is an outstanding mortgage on the house for more than the actual current value in which case he would be left with a MASSIVE debt to pay off to the bank AND lose his home in which case Djtutor would most likely close down.

Also the courts tend to favor the Mother for custody of children, "for the good of the children" is always going to be their goal. Especially if the mother in question has already sorted living arrangements (House / Apt with the new bf etc..) and his finances / living arrangements are in dispute.

This is all quite apart from legal bills etc stemming from a divorce in the first case.

Its a horrible situation for anyone to be in.

The video seemed heartfelt, driven by emotion however the explanation not very well thought out.

I know I hark on about sexism and prejudice in general rather a lot but I can't help wonder if he would have got the kids if they swapped genders. It just seems mad to me that the person who destroyed the children's stable environment gets to be the one to look after them.
    Still we know nothing of the situation so there's no point in discussing it really.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Its a horrible situation for anyone to be in.

The video seemed heartfelt, driven by emotion however the explanation not very well thought out.
    My thoughts exactly.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Still we know nothing of the situation so there's no point in discussing it really.
    +1

The guy is going through shit, regardless of rumors, insinuations and your personal opinions on what is right and wrong with the legal system, the guy is reaching out. Reaching out to the viewers (read: most/many of us) asking for a hand. Who knows who is viewers all are? Maybe there are some big name DJs making piles of disposable income that may feel like they owe him for all of the help. Dudes videos are top notch. He's got a way of teaching that drew me right in, I've learned a lot from him. Let's stop arguing over why he needs the money, it won't serve any good. If you can help him, great. If not, no need to drag out arguments over things we know nothing about. This video saddens me, but it happens to so many people. Send money, or your thoughts to him, don't drag him through the dirt.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

At least he wont have a pension she can go after.

Maybe he can go after hers.

damn ive never seen any of his videos but i understand a mate i need. Tough world we live in eh

Calm down guys, again I'm not saying it doesn't blow, I'm just saying it's really unprofessional to say that he needs money for his show when really he needs money for a private and personal matter. I have no issues with him asking for that but that the way it has been put together it sounds like he is asking for the show to be saved, not his current living conditions.
    Well consider this. The show is done at his house, the show is done with his equipment, with his time for FREE. All of that can be gone if everything just disappears in an instant. Hes not exactly a company or a business, hes not making any money off of his video, no ads from youtube or anything.

Should he start doing some of these things, such as asking for donations, or doing ads? At this point why the hell not. I think hes proven to the whole community for being in the game to just play music and show people his love for DJing. You make it out like hes a corporation. Hes a guy in his house who makes videos that help millions of people.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast