New Launchpad S

Thread: New Launchpad S

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

i was just about to post this lol beat me to it...

with all these new controllers i hope akai bring out a new APC
    Last edited by MRG12EG; 04-04-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Tech Guru

Hopefully it's USB port will be reinforced against bumps unlike the original (RIP my Launchpad )

I actually have no use for this now, having a Kontrol F1 and soon to have another, I do all my Ableton work with the F1 and keyboard commands and it's fast enough. Shame, I really enjoyed my year with the Launchpad.

(Hopefully it's got more versatile MIDI mapping as well, because the original one SUCKED)
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Convert

it's just an incremental update like the iPhone 4 to the 4S was.. nothing groundbreaking or really 'new', seems most of it was done on the software side of things. I was looking forward to it having R/G/B LEDs that you could customise & maybe Velocity sensitive pads so it could be used as an instrument, not just a slab of play buttons.. but i guess it is called the 'launchpad' - what else could I expect

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Quest View Post
    it's just an incremental update like the iPhone 4 to the 4S was.. nothing groundbreaking or really 'new', seems most of it was done on the software side of things. I was looking forward to it having R/G/B LEDs that you could customise & maybe Velocity sensitive pads so it could be used as an instrument, not just a slab of play buttons.. but i guess it is called the 'launchpad' - what else could I expect
    RGB really does seem like a no brainer at this point. I was also thinking it, forgot to mention in my previous post.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Very underwhelming

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJesus View Post
    Very underwhelming
    Indeed. I'm very happy with my Launchpad, my gripe from day 1 has been pad brightness, but in my home studio it's not too bad of an issue except on very sunny days. In the club, it's never an issue. This update pretty much just adds what should've been present from the jump. Velocity sensitivity would've been a great addition, a few knobs wouldn't hurt either for handling Macros.

Novation puts out great products, I don't want to imply otherwise, I'm just a bit shocked that a little more wasn't added, especially with Push released.