Mix Editing

Thread: Mix Editing

Tech Mentor

Default Mix Editing

Hi, I have made a mix, which I love in some parts but the other I hate and I would like to cut it and edit it. Any programs that I could use?

http://bit.ly/y16KuU

Sorry i'm in that kind of mood

PS Audacity is good,it's free and it's the top hit

I use adobe soundbooth.

You will need to make sure you use the same bits of the same song at exactly the same tempo also at the same volume and eq so you've got matching edit points. zoom in and use markers to find and mark these edit points: beginning/end of a breakdown for example.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Thank you very much, and to the link I say nothing -.-

it's not easy to do...

why don't you just re-mix it? and get it closer to what you want...

Tech Mentor

No, I would but I did this part which I've been trying to do for a while and I finally nailed it but it's really hard to mix these vocals and beatmatch these 2 songs, so I didn't want to try all over again cause I know I might get it done but I just love how it sounds now. I just need to cut like 30secs of a 28min mix so, why make it all over again? Question about Audacity, I've been trying to delete the part of the mix but the Cut and Delete option are all grayed out if you know what I mean.. "Unclickable"... How do I fix this?

Tech Mentor

FIXED IT> had to press the yellow stop button only

so just re-insert the better piece?

make sure you counts are right and always leave a little over-lap on both parts...slowly take out chunks until it's close enough for government work...

i had to do the same with our last deep house mixtrain after it was over...soundcloud rejected "i want you back" by x-press2....so i had to find something i liked at the similiar speed that i could mix into the second record...i did it in soundforge...