Will this mixer connect to this sound card?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Will this mixer connect to this sound card?

I have a Numark M101 USB w/ 2 Numark NDX-400's, just a starting DJ so not going all out on equipment till I get good lol.

Anyways I want to be able to use virtual dj with the set up.

Here is the back of the mixer:

The soundcard im going to buy is a Maya44 USB:

Sure will.
    If you are mixing in the software you would simply connect the 1&2 outs on the card to one of the line ins on the mixer. If you are mixing externally you would also connect the 3&4 outs to the second line in.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yes, that should work fine as far as the connections go but perhaps you should look at purchasing a different soundcard as the maya44's are pretty bad quality.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Yes, that should work fine as far as the connections go but perhaps you should look at purchasing a different soundcard as the maya44's are pretty bad quality.
    My friend has had one for two years and it hasn't failed yet. I just want this as a home setup. I'm planning on getting a good mixer with soundcard and numark v7's later.

get an audio 2 from the djtt store mate .. unless you need the inputs

http://www.djtechtools.com/store/ess...udio-2-dj.html
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Sure will.
    If you are mixing in the software you would simply connect the 1&2 outs on the card to one of the line ins on the mixer. If you are mixing externally you would also connect the 3&4 outs to the second line in.
    So I would connect my NDX-400's to the soundcard and then soundcard to mxier im confused.

Tech Convert

Would I connect outputs on maya44 1&2 to Ch 1 on mixer, and outputs 3&4 on Ch 2?

Then I would connect the Numark NDX-400's to the 4 inputs on the maya44?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djwyked View Post
    So I would connect my NDX-400's to the soundcard and then soundcard to mxier im confused.
    Yes.

Numark Deck A to Maya 44 inputs 1+2............Maya 44 outputs 1+2 to mixer Ch1 Line inputs L/R

Numark Deck B to Maya 44 inputs 3+4 ...........Maya 44 outputs 3+4 to mixer Ch2 Line input L/R

Then obviously the Maya 44 connects to your computer with a usb

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Yes.

Numark Deck A to Maya 44 inputs 1+2............Maya 44 outputs 1+2 to mixer Ch1 Line inputs L/R

Numark Deck B to Maya 44 inputs 3+4 ...........Maya 44 outputs 3+4 to mixer Ch2 Line input L/R

Then obviously the Maya 44 connects to your computer with a usb
    Awesome. exactly what I needed to know. Can't wait to get my equipment in. DJ'n on Virtual DJ by itself gets quite boring. hehehe

Tech Guru

FYI......if you ever decide to go to Serato or Traktor Scratch that soundcard will not work. It can work w/ Traktor only if you're not using timecode cd's or records.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast