Phase Meter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phase Meter

Tech Mentor

Default Phase Meter

So i kinda run two setups here and there. One is my mobile setup that uses my laptop (Macbook Pro). The other is my home setup that is a desktop that i built running Windows 7.

Both run flawlessly with traktor pro but one thing i just noticed on my desktop that the phase meter does not move. When i press play it will occasionally pop on for a second but otherwise it is completely MIA. I went into options and click the 'decks' tab. I saw a bow to check off something about the phase meter on or off....i tried both ways and have no response (obviously 'on' is the most logical option, but nothing...)

Anyone ever have this problem? It works perfect on my Macbook. And to be honest, i rarely use it...But now that i noticed it, its pissing me off...lol.

Any help is appreciated.
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

Tech Mentor

anyone ever had this issue?
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

Tech Mentor

Well I never use sync and im not sure what the setting is....but when i hit play, sync does not come on....

Tech Mentor

It literally doesnt show up at all now....on my MBP it would be constantly going on both tracks. When they were moving in the same speed and at the same location the tracks were in perfect sync...on my desktop im getting literally no response on the phase meter...

Tech Mentor

Anyone got anything for me? Drivin me nuts....

Tech Mentor

So i just got on my desktop....tell me why it is different that my MBP?

I just noticed this is how my desktop works:

-Whichever is the master track, there is no phase meter...it just stays dead center.
    -The other track will slowly start showing the phase meter very very slightly as the track gets out of sync.

On my MBP:
    -Both tracks are constantly showing he phase meter bouncing right to left non stop whether the tracks are in sync or not.
    -The only time tracks are in sync is when the phase meter (which is constantly moving) for both tracks is moving at the exact same speed and in the exact same location.

Which sounds like the more correct way?? I liked the MBP way more initially as i used it more often...but now that i look at it, the desktop phase meter seems to be more useful....this is weird...help.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Try reseting to default settings or reinstalling. Never seen this issue before.

When both tracks are synced (either via software or manually) the phase meters should remain static, unless traktor's internal clock is your master (click the metronome icon to the side of the left FX units and click AUTO)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    When both tracks are synced (either via software or manually) the phase meters should remain static, unless traktor's internal clock is your master (click the metronome icon to the side of the left FX units and click AUTO)

I think this was the issue on my MBP....i had the metronome set to master rather than auto. Thanks so much to both KevZ and Padi for all your help. Much appreciated guys!

Good to see this got fixed but next time RTFM and save yourself some time.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Good to see this got fixed but next time RTFM and save yourself some time.
    You're the man! Maybe next time ill try your method....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast