Deep House/Bass Music - Page 2
Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I actually really enjoyed what there was of that mix. Cool vibe…bit deep, bit acid (mostly just the 303 line)…

One question. WTF is bass music? That set just sounded like deep house to me. Is it basically just the house version of the modern(ish) lower-speed rave stuff where the bassline carries the melody and everything else is atmospheric or rhythmic?

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Is it basically just the house version of the modern(ish) lower-speed rave stuff where the bassline carries the melody and everything else is atmospheric or rhythmic?
    Sortof. It encompasses a wide variety of sounds with influences from 2-step, funky, house, techno, hip-hop, dnb, dubstep, garage, grime... The emphasis is always on the low-end frequencies, ideally listened to on a system powerful enough to shake your chest. The terms "post-dubstep" and "future garage" get bandied about a lot.

@TKR - at 4.30 is the SBTRKT remix of Never Never by Little Dragon, BIG TUNE for me, rinsed it so much last year!! I'll let you know when we next have some openings, maybe March April if you're up for it, link me a longer mix on a PM or through Soundcloud and I'll check it out with the guys I run the night with and we'll let you know!

All my playlists are on Soundcloud for anyone interested, new mix on the way now, you've all inspried me!!

@Vermilion - We're at Sophbeck usually on KIng Street if you know if you know it? My mate has also just sorted another night at Basement in the same vein. We usually have it on the second Friday of the month but if you are on Twitter we're @Skrabble_music and we're on FB too for updates.

@Mostapha - as Vermilion says it's massive in the UK now and what he says on the influences is correct, people go from Dubby stuff right through to Grime and on to Footwork with Drum and Bass licks added, that's why I love it as there is so much scope for creativity that you don't get with general pigeon holing!!

Some DJ's to check are people like:

French Fries (love everything this guy touches)
    LV
    Damu
    Throwing Snow (big new comer for this year)

Check out www.xlr8r.com - all of the people above have done podcasts for them and they're all amazing IMO!!

Love the vibe peeps, let's keep it going!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    WTF is bass music? That set just sounded like deep house to me. ?
    This.

...but maybe the other way round. That was half Bass Music and half Deep(ish) house but certainly not genuine Deep House. Also agree on the Acid influence,

To be honest the mix is musically a mish mash of various genres. Not a bad thing but certainly not deep house.

Tech Mentor

Labels: dirtybird, anabatic, pets, 2020vision, futureboogie

Artists: BrEaCh, Eats Everything, Coat of Arms, Julio Bashmore, J Phlip, Worthy

Any MJC remixes are golden, Eats everything/Coat of arms reworks are always a sure bet.

Tech Convert

Scubas adrenalin ep and martyn's ghost people cd is what really got me interested in the whole deep house vibe. There's a small scene where im from (tijuana) but its getting bigger by the minute. Maceo Plex was making a trip to baja in march but pushed it back to june, cant wait to see him live!

Tech Convert

Oh and this is just begging to be played live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD3gxHYaU18Oh and this

There isn't really a label on the type of music coming from this side of EDM. People have tried to pin it down but nothing has stuck. Most of the artists are coming from the dub step scene though.

My favorite labels are:
    502, Swamp81 (Vinyl Only), Numbers, Night Slugs, Hessle Audio, Lucky Me, Click Click Boom, Hotflush, Lobster Boy (only a couple of releases), Young Turks, Sounds Pellegrino

Artists I've been enjoying:
    Objekt, Kingdom, Mele, Trusta, Fis-T, Two Inch Punch, Dark Star, Mensah, French Fries, A1 Bassline, Rustie, Joy Orbison, Mickey Pearce, Arp 101, Mosca, Jacques Greene, Zed Bias, Scuba, Jamie XX, Pangaea, New York Transit Authority, Teeth, Addison Groove, Boddika, Bok Bok, Bambounou, Manare, L-Vis 1990, Lil Silva, Lunice, Jam City, Redlight, Roska, Canblaster, Girl Unit, & Supra1.

There's definitely two genre's going on in this thread now!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast